Joe's "Backyard Paradise"-Updates-02/18

mustang1989

Such awesome work ... a real pleasure to watch, bet you're having a lot of fun.

Jim

Thanks Jim. lol. You're right. There's been more than one time that I cracked a smile while building this one. 

Got a few goodies in and have been working on the OOB items. I also moved the loose items out of the shop to reduce excessive clutter. Look for the additions and changes..............

001_zpsenhxwlou.jpg

Thanks Kevin , Mark and Gary. I went over to the Rockport area to help out yesterday and those folks got it tons worse than we did over here. 

Walls are coming together and I've got a couple of more things done here. The welder I've actually had about 80% completed for years now and didn't realize that until I opened the box up again for the first time in like...........a decade. I just finished the engine stand and am now working on the shop desk. Right now that doesn't have anything on it but I'm working on painting up a camera, then there'll be a coffee pot and a couple of cups and some other miscellaneous things on there. I added a couple of items in there just for fun.

Progress_zpsaofkf1ah.jpg

And here's the desk and chair that I've been working on for the last week. I ended up building the resin coffee pot kit that I had, the camera came from the Fujimi tools kit as did the chair. Coffee cup is resin and was cleaned up and drilled out. Coffee can is also a resin kit. I felt something was missing from the desk top so I've got a microwave kit coming and will probably put a piece of notebook paper and a pencil on the desktop as well.

Desk%20and%20Chair_zpsmdgqnfpt.jpg

Pretty funny, your work mat looks like a typical garage floor !!!

Pretty funny, your work mat looks like a typical garage floor !!!

LOL! I've just got the walls stood up and everything placed on the floor. There'll be some subtle weathering of the floor and the walls. Gotta keep in mind though...........................this aint a professional shop or it would be all gray with chipping and the typical wear associated with that type of environment. This one's a backyard weekend hobby type shop with weekend usage. Not gonna be just a whole lot of wear and tear on a shop like that. You are right about the cutting mat though and what's funny is that you're not the first responder who's said that.  :D

• 4 months later...

Well guys, it's been about four months since I've done anything here. With my intro back to the bench I'll be working on working on this one through to the end. I've taken steps to dirty the floor up some and weather the walls slightly. This week I've been working on shop clean up equipment. I managed to assemble the push broom, paint and weather it and did the same to the trash can, dust pan and brush. I found some tissue paper with some writing on it wadded up and thrown in the trash can for an added touch.

dFCuNt.jpg

What the...????  A 1/24 scale burger and fries???  What a fascinating project.  My eyes are drawn all over the place by the small details you've put in.  I see the charcoal... where's the Weber BBQ?

LOL. Thanks John. No BBQ pit buddy. 

Got the walls free standing now with nothing propping them up. The more I looked at the whole shop floor and walls , the more I felt the need to grime it up just a tad. I didn't want it nasty, just used somewhat. So I used some ground up black and a little brown pastels and rubbed in some brown to dirty it and smudged some in the window sill and framing for the dust effect. I hit the areas directly behind the work bench and on the sides of the door entrance with some rubbed in black pastel. I'll be working on the door and putting some other goodies on the walls in addition to panel close outs at the top and end edges of the walls as well. I'll be doing more to the floor in the coming updates.

Here's a top side view so far:

VDUmWP.jpg

Edited by mustang1989