Italeri has three WW I new releases 2 = 1/32 Nieuport, Sopwith Camel

Vandy 1 VX 4

I actually prefer the German stuff myself, but since the Camel is such an icon, I figure to eventually build at least one. Too bad the schemes are so boring though, generally speaking.

Me too.

Choice of colourful markings, multi-coloured lozenge, interesting until markings, red & pink aeroplanes.

Or Greeny brown.

Hmmmm.......

And you can add one more if you splice up the three DR.1 wings into one mono wing shaped as the DVIII Razor. Kept the article from FSM years ago showing how to do it. Along with the corrections to the DVII.

Yep, I've got that old FSM article scanned here too, sent to me by a fellow forumite (LSP_Mike perhaps?), and will use it when I resume work on my long abandoned Revell D.VII kit (or start another one).

Well poo,

The DVIII / EV has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine............

I had the EV Battle Axe kit (C R A P) then sold it and purchased the Avis EV. Always was one of my fav all time WWI aircraft.......................now we just need to wait until Sir Peter comes out with an DVIII / EV!!!!  The Avis kit is almost non existent, and beyond the worthless BA kit, there is NO other option.   

Need Sir Peter to step up on that one

You know the D.VIII will be released at some point.

Probably with absolutely no warning whatsoever, it will just appear on WNW's site as "Newest Release".

Trumpeter, Hasegawa, Tamiya et al would give you months of warning, drip-dripping 3D pics, sprue shots, etc. Any company would, it generates interest and sales.

WNW really are a law unto themselves. It's like Peter Jackson is kind enough to share his hobby with us.

With Silver Wings producing 20's & 30's kits and WNW everything 1914-18, the 1/32 biplane market has gone from a few dodgy examples to choice beyond the dreams of avarice.

One easy way to see if the Camel is the old one( bad!) or the re-tooled one, ( pretty good!) is to look at the upper wing. If the space between wing ribs are matched with a wee short rib looking thing, it is the old, original kit. This detail is eveident in the sprue shots in the linky.

Yep, I've got that old FSM article scanned here too, sent to me by a fellow forumite (LSP_Mike perhaps?), and will use it when I resume work on my long abandoned Revell D.VII kit (or start another one).

Nice! I hope you will share the build here if/when it gets it's turn at the bench. :frantic:

So you will be making the DVIII from a DR.1 and DVII kit fixes?

I already did the corrections to a couple of my DVII kits and they're boxed away waiting to get built.

And how about the Fokker DVI in 1/28? I don't have drawings but sure possible too yes?

Anyway, back to the Orig. Hobbycraft, then Academy , now Italeri Camel issue. From what I see from photos it is the original.

Like the markings though, so any time a deal can be made, will get it for them.

Nice! I hope you will share the build here if/when it gets it's turn at the bench. :frantic:

So you will be making the DVIII from a DR.1 and DVII kit fixes?

I already did the corrections to a couple of my DVII kits and they're boxed away waiting to get built.

And how about the Fokker DVI in 1/28? I don't have drawings but sure possible too yes?

My first attempt on the Revell D.VII kit (posted on this site), was temporarily abandoned when I discovered that I was making numerous technical errors. Once I got those sorted out, I had already moved onto other projects. I have no desire to do the D.VIII at all, and as to the D.VI (at least from outward appearances), this seems very doable, but it's again doubtful that I'll ever attempt it.

• 3 months later...

I actually prefer the German stuff myself, but since the Camel is such an icon, I figure to eventually build at least one. Too bad the schemes are so boring though, generally speaking.

I note you're "across the Pond", so perhaps a US Navy scheme may appeal? http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/aircraft-exhibits/item/?item=sopwith_camel

I note you're "across the Pond", so perhaps a US Navy scheme may appeal? http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/aircraft-exhibits/item/?item=sopwith_camel

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!   I love that scheme for the Camel but (apologies to Ern) but could/would/will never build and aircraft with Texas on it........even it was just referring to the flat top.

Edited by Out2gtcha