Sorry guys, it's been a while i havent been posting, as i'm very busy at work at this time (and tired when i'm back home).
But i haven't been inactive. I've started the new Italeri F-35A. A pretty nice kit !
Let's start with the cockpit. There is no resin available, but even in full scale, it's not really a busy desk. So i decided to use the Eduard PE fret (even i'm not very fond of PE details for jet cockpits).
Here is the cockpit OOB :
And with a few Eduard PE details. The armrest is a very nice addition !
Then i worked on the engine. The front (even if it's almost impossible to see it in the bottom of the intakes) :
And the rear. I was not able to get pictures of the inside, so i just go OOB. I protected the exhaust fan with masking tape to putty and sand the seam clean :
And for the intakes, i used the wall paint technique. However, i really struggled with this one. Maybe because i used another brand of paint, i dont know (but i did 3 tries, and cleaning between each tries was a PITA)
And for the nozzle, i assembled the 2 parts and applied some putty in the seam :
And i build this custom file with plastic sheet and sand paper cut to the exact width of the petals so i can sand the putty clean without destroying the internal details. Sorry i just forgot to take pictures of the result (coming soon).
Edited by Zero77, 05 September 2017 - 03:21 PM.