GMC CCKW 2-1/2 Ton Truck

LSP_K2

It's a truck!!  Looking good.  Is the canvas top molded like that or did you make it?  Nice looking either way.

Thanks a bunch. Nope, cover is part of the kit. I just cleaned it up a bit and dusted it with some OD paint. There were four ejector pin marks inside that would have been visible on finished model, so I fixed those as well.

Instructions would have me add part #D12 (front support for MG mount), despite the fact that I will not be installing the MG ring mount above. It seems that not all GMC trucks were so fitted, though frequently were. I'm not sure whether to add it or not.

DSCN0007_zpsdf61gxhq.jpg

While skimming along on the web the other day, I stumbled on this beauty. I'm not real sure who makes it, but I'll certainly be grabbing a set for my next GMC, as it's quite a nice enhancement.

rymrm624_0%20HLJ_zpsqvckmkro.jpg

You seriously need to grab that Kevin. I sure as hell would.

You seriously need to grab that Kevin. I sure as hell would.

It does look great. The two GMC trucks (Hobby Boss) that I'm considering, are both steel cab versions, so the cab cover would be of no use, but the bed cover would certainly eliminate the need for lots of cargo, as none would be visible if I used that.

and its VERY well sculpted

Indeed it is. If I can figure out who makes it, and grab one soon, I can use the cab cover on this model, and the cargo cover on the steel cab truck; a win, win for me. (Even though the image comes from HLJ, I can find nothing on their site that matches it, but I'll keep looking.)

Yet another add-on that Tamiya makes, is this set. I think I have one of these around here too somewhere, but if I do, it'll probably need to wait for another truck to mount it on. (Image snatched from the WWW.)

product.3051.143606677945842_zpsr61n30qa

If you want to do nuts and bolts scratch building, as I do, then yes.  Otherwise, I would buy after market.

Sincerely,

Mark

Awesome. I'll grab it then, as details are very interesting to me. By and large, the Tamiya kit is quite acceptable, but certainly simplified in some ways and some stuff left out altogether. Still, it has great potential, I think.