• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Paboum53

Paboum53

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

I sent a message to Maketar thru their site a few days ago, asking for some custom masks for the 1/32 SH Tempest.

Is there any chance that someone at Maketar is reading this and that I get an answer?

By the way I can't figure out why Maketar is always duplicating the markings options in  the kits.. Should'nt it be more logical to propose other decorations?

Waiting for your answer..

Henri Vanderstraeten

• harvey likes this

#2 Bryan

Bryan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 06:25 PM

I think it is more economical and profitable for the makers of "custom" masks to market  mask sets in numbers rather than doing a bunch of "one-offs"....which I'm sure is what many modelers would prefer.  So without any other information, it probably makes some sense to just duplicate the kit markings....at least as a starting point.  Keep in mind also that virtually every aircraft has some smaller markings which are impossible to duplicate in a mask....so there will always be a need for decals along with the masks.  This of course complicates things....and makes producing masks wherein the kit decals can "fill in the holes" a logical step.

As to why they won't answer emails....that's another issue.

#3 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 07:33 AM

Hello Henry,

I am waiting for a reply for one year... and even my last message of this week did not generate any reaction. I guess the guy is too busy with his professional activities to manage his side business communication correctly.

Too bad... :-(

#4 gunnyax

gunnyax

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:39 AM

It's frustrating. Never do the markings from the box always try something different. There is a lot of aftermarket but not for markings. Thanks to Eli and others there is a little bit, but 25 years ago there was a lot more like aeromaster they had markings for everything that was out in a kit. I have the same problem. Sometimes Montex is a solution.
Gunter

#5 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

The problem is the large scale market size!

Aeromaster used to get a very good ROI as most sets were reprinted several times before saturating the market. This is exceptional in large scale!

#6 Maketar Productions

Maketar Productions

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not replying to this post sooner, i was away for a couple of weeks on vacation.

PLEASE try to understand, there is info message on our shop site clearly saying: "Currently, we are not doing custom masks! We will send a newsletter once we are able to do custom orders again. Many thanks for understanding." although i must admit it's not clearly visible on homepage but its there. So PLEASE DO NOT get offended by not getting a reply to your email regarding custom orders and custom made masks, its not because we do not want to do custom masks but rather because i do not have enough time for it and still trying to find a right person to do it for us. I have managed mask production a few years ago in such a way that we have large and equipped offices, full time employees and latest generation of machines and equipment. Due to this we are dispatching all orders on time and the shop works at a highest standard.

I know many of you guys are our regular customers and i really do appreciate your business but once again, PLEASE do not get offended by not getting a reply about custom masks, i am working hard to make that option possible in the near future.

Many thanks for understanding!

Alek

LSP_Maketar_banner.gif  sma1.jpg

#7 Rick K

Rick K

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:31 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry for not replying to this post sooner, i was away for a couple of weeks on vacation.

PLEASE try to understand, there is info message on our shop site clearly saying: "Currently, we are not doing custom masks! We will send a newsletter once we are able to do custom orders again. Many thanks for understanding." although i must admit it's not clearly visible on homepage but its there. So PLEASE DO NOT get offended by not getting a reply to your email regarding custom orders and custom made masks, its not because we do not want to do custom masks but rather because i do not have enough time for it and still trying to find a right person to do it for us. I have managed mask production a few years ago in such a way that we have large and equipped offices, full time employees and latest generation of machines and equipment. Due to this we are dispatching all orders on time and the shop works at a highest standard.

I know many of you guys are our regular customers and i really do appreciate your business but once again, PLEASE do not get offended by not getting a reply about custom masks, i am working hard to make that option possible in the near future.

Many thanks for understanding!

Alek

Good luck on getting things sorted Alek.

Like your product very much (Typhoon Mk.V masks look great) look forward to follow up on custom masks when things get sorted out.

Cheers - Rick

#8 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Alek.

I appreciate the reply. However, if you still change your offering, please do not limit communication to a message somewhere on your web site. I checked it and did not see it. So, if you do not have the time to reply to individual messages (I can understand that), please put a clear message on your homepage and put a last news message on the forum you are sponsoring.

This would avoid misunderstanding, frustration and mutual loss of time.

BR

Thierry
  • Martinnfb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users