A-7 Canopy Correction

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Somebody recently put one on Ebay with "buy it now" for $150.  It didn't last long....

I agree with Dave above; we need to the whole nose and intake correction too.

If Paul could even produce his wonderful resin clear parts for Chris with some sort of collaboration, I think that could lead to a whole new generation of A-7 corrections, that actually might be better than the one I have.

Chris has all the tooling for the intake and canopy corrections, and Paul has the technology and know-how for the resin clear parts.     I know Im talking out of my you-know-where, because I am obviously not in Pauls nor Chris's shoes, but a collaboration seems like the most work and money cost effective way to get the complete correction set back into production.  

Edited by Out2gtcha, 13 January 2017 - 09:35 PM.

• blackbetty, Tony T, reconspit and 3 others like this

#17 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:49 AM

this would be great, i have used my set on an A 7E and its certainly nice to work with; but a clear resin canopy would be even better. i need another for my -B conversion that i have i the stash

• mark31 and Zero77 like this

back after 20 years

DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

#18 Menelaos

Menelaos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

I have 2 A-7 waiting to build, so a corrected canopy would be great.

The air intake is the other major point.... I corrected it with a LOT of work

17_zps17117100.jpg

• harvey, reconspit, etendard and 1 other like this

AIEN ΥΨΙΚΡΑΤΕΙΝ

8aee22b6f391cb2bf052a9cbab996c59nc.jpg

#19 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

I have two Zacto inlet/canopy sets finding a home on a pair of A-7Es but the project is stalled because of fear of messing up the vacform parts.

A resin windshield and canopy hood to fit the Zacto resin frames would be perfect. Yes, I'd buy two sets right now.

Tony
  • phantomdriver, harvey, Out2gtcha and 1 other like this
Finally spraying again

#20 Christoffer Lindelav

Christoffer Lindelav

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

I would be in for a couple of sets too. Have an A-7 in the stash desperately needing a nose job.
/Stoffe
  • harvey likes this

#21 reconspit

reconspit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

Yep..., I'm also in for two canopys
D3528C7EA98149EC9B42.jpeg

- Hasegawa Ki 44 Shoki
- Hasegawa F6F-5 Hellcat

#22 Magic Mike

Magic Mike

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

Im sure you fellas have seen this, but in case not...

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=60375

Also a thread at ARC about it in the Zacto forum by the man himself.

just passing along...

MM

#23 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:26 PM

It's been many months now, and still no re-release of the Zacto canopy correction (and the nose as well). Only the intake correction is available and the last Zacto's site update stated that there is no new update to the status of this reissue.

So i'm a bit despaired... Last year i bought both USAF and USN A-7 kits (with a full bunch of Aires resin sets, decals and every other stuff available), and planned to buy 2 correction sets, but no luck, i cannot start those kits as long as i dont have something to correct that Trumpy weirdness.

I have some sets to be ordered from Zactoman, so i will try to ask him for some news, but i guess it wont be very positive.

Edited by Zero77, 14 November 2017 - 09:30 PM.

• otis252 likes this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#24 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:11 AM

I agree, if we could just get a radome and windscreen/canopy all would be good. The Zactoman's intake correction would be great with those items and we'd be good to go.

Chuck

• Zero77 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users