Revell 1/32 HAF F-4E SRA

But I'm just about 99% sure that there are some (blur) photoshop effects involved...?! :)))) Xcuse me if I'm wrong :P

I do apologise if it's blur. 

But photoshop? I don't even know how to use that.

It's just pics from my mobile phone with different exposure as I don't really have good lighting and rely on natural light.

But I did order a proper LED photobox a couple of days ago and hopefully it'll help. 

Hi guys!

This update is the current status of the build.

After this, I'll be going on a much needed holiday so it'll be a while till work resumes.  :whistle:

With the cockpit done it was finally time to put everything together and close the front fuselage.

It was easier than I expected with the only exception being the front coaming which needed a bit of work to blend in properly.

All joints were sanded smooth and I rescribed the lost panel lines. 

I applied a bit of panel wash to make sure everything was fine.

dPHoEK.jpg

eNa4Ag.jpg

esVowI.jpg

2IC6mo.jpg

6yBfkF.jpg

B1pMRO.jpg

9rciLM.jpg

b8CFJB.jpg

With the seats in place it's starting to look the part! 

OnxU1r.jpg

OeUY7S.jpg

Thanks for checking once again!

Now bring on the holidays!!!  :yahoo:  :piliot:

Good start on Your F-4 Spyro. Thought I knew a thing or 2 regarding Phantoms but "SRA" didn't ring a bell... One of the things I had to look up and after doing so I found out that You probably made the right choice regarding the cockpit. As You probably know, the AUP's had some extensive modification in that aera which made me wonder why You opted for the "standard" pit...

Anyway, If the final result will be simular to Your 1-0-4, this build will be another joy to follow.

Regards Rudy.

Edited by Shujaa

Good start on Your F-4 Spyro. Thought I knew a thing or 2 regarding Phantoms but "SRA" didn't ring a bell... One of the things I had to look up and after doing so I found out that You probably made the right choice regarding the cockpit. As You probably know, the AUP's had some extensive modification in that aera which made me wonder why You opted for the "standard" pit...

Anyway, If the final result will be simular to Your 1-0-4, this build will be another joy to follow.

Regards Rudy.

Thanks Rudy!

I was aware that the Legend cockpit isn't perfect.

But I'm not usually bothered with accuracy as long as it's close enough.

I'm not fully aware of the history of the SRA version but I believe it was the first upgrade the Greek Phantoms received after initial delivery. I do stand corrected on that.

What I do know is that this version would require the least modifications in terms of the airframe itself and still be able to paint it in the Aegean ghost scheme. 

My next update will take some time as I'll be on much needed holidays by end of this week!  :piliot:

Spryros,

Just had a chance to catch up on your most impressive build. The pit really turned out top notch. Your painting, and detail painting just makes everything POP partly do to the amount of time you took to mask out all the black boxes. And those seats received the same attention.   :thumbsup:  I'm looking forward to your next update once you get back from vacation. 

Joel