F-86 F Sabre

Nic C.D.

I'd like to present you the second NMF kit I've done. The first one was Kitty Hawk's F-86 D Sabre Dog, this one is the Italeri F-86 F Sabre. Not the easiest of kits, but with some sanding and a lot of polishing, you get a decent looking Sabre. Here are a few quick shots of the result, I hope you like her.

720.jpg

Not so easy to take photos of a shining kit ... here are a few close-ups. Italeri provides some great decals in the box. I've hesitated to do the RAF Sabre or the Italian Sabre, but eventually chose The Huff. Look at that great dragon!

720.jpg

The yellow-and-black decorations are in available on the decal sheet, but I thought it would look better when painted.

720.jpg

And here's a one other photo. The metal was done with my old Testers metal paints, everything else with Revell Aqua Colour. Weathering with watercolours.

720.jpg

Thanks for watching ! 

Nic

Thank you for the nice reactions! I'll make some more pictures later today and will post them. And Kevin, of course, please do!

About the oil canning: well, it's actually a little in the kit and because it was, I added some more to it in some areas like the wings, the exhaust and some panels on the fuselage. The oil canning gives a really nice realistic sense to the paint, but I've been careful not to exaggerate the effect, so maybe it isn't easy to see.  

I also re-riveted some areas of the kit before polishing it. For the polishing, I used something that always works perfect for me: an old woolen scarf. After using that, the kit is really shiny and ready for the metal paint.

Nic