Revell Spitfire built as a Mk 1a.........Finished

Here is my rendition of the New tooling Revell Spitfire Mk IIa backdated to  Mk 1a, I added all of the Barracuda resin sets for this kit which are fantastic as well as the Eduard undercarriage set and HGW seatbelts with decals from Cutting Edge.

DSCN1294_zpsckuac6bu.jpg

DSCN1295_zpsux7dx8wa.jpg

DSCN1296_zpsw74jw44b.jpg

DSCN1299_zpsmvbdceil.jpg

DSCN1297_zpsmpnyl7qf.jpg

DSCN1300_zps5gvhcsnu.jpg

Thank you for looking and your comments/criticism are always welcome.

Regards. Andy

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Simply a stunning Spit and I'm glad you were able to overcome those nasty landmines.

Just so well done

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thank you very much for your comments guys and yes Kevin you are most welcome to publish on the website. I have to say Revell should be applauded in releasing this kit as we have a fairly early Spit in 32 scale for around £20, I know it has a few shape issue's but it builds beautifully and with some careful painting it looks just as good stood next to my Tamiya Spitfire PR IX at around half the cost including those fantastic Barracuda detail set's :) 

Regards. Andy 

Lud13 I used the Barracuda cockpit set, some scratch/modification to the kit parts to get to a Mk 1a but you really before you start you really need to decide on how early a Mk 1 or you wish to depict as they changed so much so quickly. Thank you DeanKB but yes they are decals which took a lot of settling and have responded buetifully to a couple of coats of flat varnis. The yellow lozenge is a gas detection patch 109.

One again thank you for your interest and kind words everyone.

Regards. Andy

610.Squadron Spit. I like the DWâ—D of that unit the most and got a weak spot on early Spits. Nice built and paintjob. I would suggest to spend a nice grass base to her so she can feel like at home.