Lonestar's 32nd Bugatti 100P in blue

Gene

There is also a very nicely done Fisher Bugatti 100P, available with or without engines.  The Lonestar kit has one advantage - it is 1:32 scale and forms up with my other aircraft in the same world (the Fisher kit is 1:24, but I'm saving that for a different project).

Awesome Gene- Welcome aboard! I have always loved Mike West's pattern making ability at Lone Star, my only complaint being that his casting seems to be hit or miss. Did not know that this kit even existed, and I love that it is 32nd scale. I am looking forward to seeing what can be done with it. Please keep the updates coming!

THOR    :ninja:

Thanks for all the encouragement !!  And Kevin, you are welcome to use pics, etd.!

On to my progress TD: 

Wings and V-tail have been attached using JB Weld 2-part epoxy.  It takes roughly 24 hours to fully set (becomes firm in about 2 hours).  I find that it is a very compatible bond with the resin and fills and sands with about the same density which results in a near flawless feathering.  It is a dark grey.  The white patches are fields of Milliput fine grain needed to fair and bridge large areas.  It also will feather-in well with the resin.

The wheel wells have been reworked to a cleaner round; the split of parts down the middle of the wheel well was unfortunate, but a little determination put things straight.

On the leading edge of the wings at the roots are two intakes – not cannons!  They were cleaned up by boring out and setting some short pieces of aluminium tubes.  Some filling with Milliput around the tubes was worked to resemble the original shapes.

Clw3dX.jpgyEhLDS.jpg

Before I get into primer, I want to rework some of the vents and louvers.