Messerschmitt Bf 110D "Nachtjager" of II./NJG 3 (1/32 Dragon)

Last night I had a discussion with Wolf about 110's. I am not a big fan of this successful design . However John, your model makes me wanna build one. Fantastic!

Cheers

Martin

Edited by Martinnfb

Thanks again, everyone, for the compliments and interest in this build.

When I first started preparing for it, I was a little bit hesitant and worried about the possible responses, since there's only one photo of the real thing and it's not a very good one, from a modeller's standpoint. So, that left me with some hard decisions to make and certain points had to be based on speculation and just educated guessing. I just had to go with my gut and what the photo was telling me. I'm actually kind of surprised by all the positive attention it has received. It's not without it's flaws, or questionable points, but I guess that is in our nature, to focus on what we don't like, or would do differently if we were to try it again. However, if people are enjoying it and it's inspiring them to build this kit, I think that's a great thing. The kit is actually excellent, overall and deserves to be recognized as such. I hope to see more of them in the WIP forum and I would like to do at least one more, someday.

I'm thinking of doing a more "standard" C or E model and still keeping my fingers crossed for a G, in some form, as well. I was kind of in the same boat as you, Martin, in that I never gave the 110 the attention that it probably deserves. I'm a huge 190 and 109 fan and still have plans to build all the major sub-variants of those types and maybe even several of specific ones. However, after this build, I find myself kind of leaning in the same direction with the 110. Why not build a C, E, F and G to go along with the D? Maybe....someday. :)

Thanks again. You guys are great!

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels