Wish a good recovery! The BREM-2 recovery vehicle

dutik

Something went wrong:

brem13bisjn.jpg

The paint peeled off... ohwell.gif

Don't know why. Used Humbrol maskol the last builds without problems, regardless if Tamiya acryl or Lifecolor acryl paint. But here it peeled off the Tamiya paint. Odd. Maybe because I thinned the Tamiya acryl with Tamiya enamel thinner? Did so the first time. Makes airbrushing a really easy task compared to Tamya acryl thinner, but maybe the paint adheres less well in comparision? Don't know...

Regards
- dutik

Not a biggie! But thank you both for your support! :hi:

More painting. Fixed the peeled-off areas. Lots of masking to do, not so easy due to a myriad of small raised details all over the surface. Masks didn't stick well in some of these places, so I have to airbrush a second time to remove overspray at demarcation lines. As always - painting requires more time than the whole building smile.gif

brem14g8rra.jpg

Enjoy!
- dutik

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Or to bend the resin parts... :(  The old-fashioned handling (aka: just let it dry) is good enough to me.

Well, the green oil color got applied:

brem20tpj4b.jpg

The wheels were painted too:

brem1907jv0.jpg

Now I am working on scratches, rainmarks and else.

Regards

- dutik

More wheatering by using sponge technique, painting chipping and scratches with a fine brush, misting the lower body, wheels and sideskirts with heavily diluted Buff, restoring overdone areas, usind some strong wording here and there  :oops: , well - the common paintjob :coolio:

brem21z3z3n.jpg

brem22cebnd.jpg

The cargo box floor went somewhat too dark, but no problem here. It will be mostly filled with stuff. Now up to the best modelling task of all - building up the tracks from a gazillion of tiny single track links... :tumble:

Regards

- dutik

Tracks and Roadwheels, Dutik.  Always the most tedious part of armor modelling.  I'm avoiding small tanks and half-tracks because the tread pieces are so small.

Looking good!

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Added the wheels. Had to drill out the center holes somewhat to fit them to the supports. Now building up the tracks. The links are one-piece and clickable, but very small, what slows down construction tempo. As a side effort I started to paint the luggage for the top box.

brem233ssjw.jpg

Enjoy!

- dutik

• 3 weeks later...

There was a major break due to a construction problem caused by Trumpeter:

Tracks are non-workable single links with rigid endconnectors. Works ok except around the drive sprocket. There is no way to wrap them smooth around the sprocket, and this is very visible and looks very ugly.

Two possibel solutions: Buy a set of workable AM tracks or cut off the endconnectors and reglue them.

Well, I modified the kits tracks. I drilled 0,5mm holes into each track link (6 per link), cut off the endconnectors and glued wire pins into them to make them fully workable:

brem243wsob.jpg

Yes, the grid is 1 cm each :wicked:

Here I run in trouble: Even using Tamiya tape to hold the links in place it was impossible to add all the endconnectors to make a short run of tracks. Some of them always fell off :help:

To superglue them in place was no appropriate answer: They had to stay workable until wrapped around the drive sprocket...

:hmmm:

:fight:

:tumble:

The final solution was to use white glue. White glue is tacky while having a longer drying time. Dipped the pins into some white glue and placed them. It worked! Finally I was able to wrap the track around the drive sprocket and to secure it in place.

brem25sqsp2.jpg

Have to add two morelinks, but this is a minor task now.

Enjoy!

- dutik