1/32nd Focke-Wulf Triebflügel

Out2gtcha

Hi Brian,

On the note of getting the trib to do what you want, I may be working towards something of a similar goal. One of my many projects is to make an animation sequence for a CH-47, where the rotors slowly spool up from stopped, to flying RPM, then back down.

This accelerative/decelerative process is achievable through programmable chips and something called PWM (pulse width modulation) I don't know much about it yet, but soon I'll be in a position to have a play. If I can pull it off, I'll be sure to share my experiences with you.

Craig

That would be great! I've come to the conclusion that stand alone, small batteries are NOT going to work for this project.

Using the train transformer, I'll be able to vary the speed along with the built-in slip of the O ring, but its all such a big voltage drain, that the standard mini RC type motors I as using could not handle it.

I may have a solution worked out, but it won't really be that coat effective, I'd always be up for hearing about other possible solutions.

Brian....

I really hope you work it out...as this build is so cool....and i love it.....

A suggestion...slow engine and a gear that makes is slower...i know hard but hell some should have the stuff you need......

im looking forward ti se this one complete....

John, Mal, Martin Greg, thank you all for stopping buy and keeping this one on my mind!    Ive always thought this was a cool project, and I dont see me ever finishing it WITHOUT it being motorized, so when I DO get back around to this one, I will make it work...........................somehow.  

Mal, you are indeed correct, as a slower spinning motor is key...............and at the moment the only thing that trumps the speed of the motor is POWERING the damn thing!  :lol:  

At the moment the electric train transformer in conjunction with an "N" scale motor from an N scale locomotive seems to fit the bill, with the exception of modifying it to fit within the confines of Tribs fuselage.    

I really want to have the power running through the transformer turned on via a single button on the Triebflügel's base.  That way if someone wants to turn the display on, I can still have the Trib turn on with a single button push, and ALSO determine how fast the Trib spins by pre-setting the train transformer to a certain setting hidden behind the scenes.

When someone pushes the button on the display, it will put power to the train transformer which will be pre-set to a certain "speed".

I still need to actually bite the bullet and get back over to the train store, and sink some money into an N scale locomotive motor, and maybe some other smaller set up parts to re-make a new motor mount to replace my previously made brass one. I have to finish up a DIFFERENT S.O.D. project first, then a possible commission project, then Im apt to dig this one back out..............................

Edited by Out2gtcha

Brian,

Outstanding project my friend. Where can I get this kit?

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

"The Oh so Impressed"

Great to see you posting again my friend!  

Greg, this one is a limited run kit, mastered by Antares out of Argentina, made for Models and More.

It still says they have some on the site listed. You can see more info on the Trib HERE.    - Just click on the square "Models & More" link in the center of the screen, then you will see a link to the Triebflügel

HTH

Where can I get this kit?

You can see more info on the Trib HERE.    - Just click on the square "Models & More" link in the center of the screen, then you will see a link to the Triebflugel

Or, you can go straight to the page:

http://models-n-more.com/mm/Products/MM-06.htm

However, there is no mention of stock on hand, nor a method of purchasing beyond emailing him and getting a quote for availability & shipping (mentioned HERE).

D

However, there is no mention of stock on hand, nor a method of purchasing beyond emailing him and getting a quote for availability & shipping (mentioned HERE).

Indeed, you can just shoot him an E-mail and find out about stock and how to order. IIRC, its how I had to do it when I ordered mine.

• 10 months later...

..what a project! What an huge amount of engeneering creativity!!!  little info-video for motivation when you see her flying.: 

:hmmm:  When/If you put the engine in the base UNDER the kit and transport the rotation bypassing by a pice of clear plastic over the gap betwen floor and "tail"?  :hmmm:

Yours, Christian 

P.S.:

:fight: My signature is also for you!  :fight:

• 1 year later...

Brian,

Is there any chance the passing of two years has allowed technology to catch up with your vision for the motorised Trib?

Ive actually been giving this some thought.............

I have resigned myself to the fact that I need an "n" scale locomotive motor, and and N scale railroad speed transformer. Possibly even one step smaller in a "Z" scale motor and transformer, but Im not sure if it would actually power the full unit. 

I will hook that up to a 12v car battery, with a AC/DC power converter in it, so when I choose, I can either run off the car battery, or plug it into 110v wall outlet. 

The big "however" here is that I have a very large, and complex build of the new HpH Tigercat coming up, and knowing HpH kits that could be a year or even longer project for me. 

The Triebflügel is not forgotten though. Its only on the sideline temporarily. I've actually been thinking about it a lot, so it might make an appearance on the small side of my bench along side the Tigercat for some distraction of the inevitable wearing down one gets when building a kit that requires an intense amount of cutting, sanding, and fitting. 

T