1/18th scale " Black Knight's " Tomcat

A-10LOADER

Greetings all,

I decided to share this here after much persuading from chuck540z3.

The display is finished, finally !! The only thing left to do is get an acrylic cover made to keep everything dust free. I'm very happy with how everything came out and I think it makes for a nice "ready room" display.

To bring everyone up to speed with this project, Let me start out by saying that this did not start out as your traditional "model kit" and I did not build it. It is a pre-built / pre- finished model released by JSI International LTD. It was their second release, of their F-14 Tomcats, in 2011 and since I'm nuts about Tomcats I had to have it. Their first version was a very poorly finished VF-84 F-14A, released in 2009. I am currently converting the VF-84 F-14A into a VF-103 F-14B.
I was much happier with their paint job on this second version that I've chosen to leave her as is, kind of a BEFORE (the 154 jet shown here) and AFTER versions ( the 103 conversion jet ) if you will. I did do a couple of modifications however, first I added a Pilot and RIO and custom painted their helmets in VF-154 livery and added kneeboards to the aircrew. I also painted the CCG ( Computer Control Group ) of the GBU-16's flat brown.
Everything you see here I did myself, except for the water which I had never done myself, I had help with that. The carrier was added to the scene, the stand on which the Tomcat sits on, the items that hang on the sides of the display and, the box and all the trim. Quite the project but, well worth it IMO. I hope you all enjoy the photos and don't mind that I posted this here.

Steve

IMG_5117_zpswyql2ivn.jpg

IMG_5120_zps4tdpoxvs.jpg

IMG_5116_zpsi2rdr1ue.jpg

IMG_5118_zps5ppmhpzd.jpg

IMG_5119_zps5ghbuccc.jpg

IMG_5092_zps1owjlilc.jpg

IMG_5089_zpshbaf3qw5.jpg

Edited by A-10LOADER

That's slick.....I kinda wish that tomcat was a kit by itself..!

You and me both Rob, this version is a lighted version but, not all the lights are powered. I really wish they would have released these in a "kit version" like the Dauntless.

Thanks for all the kind words boys, very much appreciated. I'll make sure to post completed shots of my other one, the VF-103 F-14B, when she's finished.

Steve

VERY Cool Steve!  Man I wish that display was in my basement.  Nothing like a big bad Cat and the display is so unique!

You know what? that is a peach, an absolute peach. Well done! 

Thanks very much boys, very much appreciated.

Steve