Future, Future and Future for canopies, we dont have it in RSA

Gerhard

So, what can I use? I have tried nearly every resemblance of this product, but they all leave the canopies milky white? Or, must I just polish them up with Nuvo or something?

Gerhard, have you tried Humbrol Klear ? It was brought out a few years back to compete with / replace Future. Available from Jix in P-town if you're near there. Personally. I use tamiya polishing compound followed by a good dose of Sunlight dishwashing liquid and warm water.

• 2 weeks later...

Waxes?

I just use Bare Metal Plastic Polish, or the Novus stuff (which is excellent) - and before that Micromesh if needed - then mask - prime with Halfords spray can car primer - and paint (acrylics).

Never have a problem!

Iain

Future gave me a lot of issues, enough to make me not want to use it anymore. One major issue I ran into was that Testors clear parts glue, which is water soluble, sticks to future and will not wipe off. Trying to glue in Adolf Galland's canopy scope became a nightmare.

The only time I've ever had Future fog is when I've laid it on too thick.  Even then, once it dried, it became clear.  I panicked, but then decided to wait.  To thin it for spraying I mix it 50/50 with glass cleaner like windex.

• 3 weeks later...