Paragon Mosquito goodies

imatt88

I think anyone who might be inclined to do it is put off by the real possibility that Tamiya will announce one right after their expensive conversion set comes out.  

I'm trying to make that happen by currently working on attaching an HK Models nose to a Tamiya airframe. Not very far yet, but building it here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025780-132-mosquito-biv-tamiya-with-hk-models-nose-what-have-i-done/

So yes, Tamiya will announce a bomber version (why not with optional 2-stage Merlins while they're at it) as soon as I finish this.

Excellent conversion!

I wonder if it's possible to "upgrade" the old Revell kit with parts from HK and Tamiya's Mossies

Old fashioned kitbashing..I love it

Edited by imatt88

thanks! in theory you should be able to fit the front end of a Revell kit to the Tamiya airframe to convert it to a bomber. It would have been considerably cheaper, but I didn't want to bother with a vac canopy mainly. Besides, I honestly think that the HK models kit isn't that bad. I think that the main canopy looks great, even compared to most other kit options in any scale, and I'm very curious how my front side "window fix" will turn out.

As I mention in the thread, if it wasn't for my intention of adding a Brassin engine, I probably wouldn't have bothered with adding the Tamiya wings and fuselage. I just got the new IX kit with the intention of one day building it as a USAAF PR.XVI, pretty much OOB.

J,

I would never ruin a $200 kit just to spice up a $20 relic,

However, I'm always seeing people selling sprues for the Tamiya and HK kits and I thought it would be interesting to maybe add a little lipstick to a pig.

Cheers, Ian

Ive thought about that too, considering how cheap Ive seen some of those sprues go for comparatively, as I have two of the blasted Revvie kits, 2 or 3 Paragon kits, and a Tamiya Mossie.

I just cant bring myself to NOT combine the Paragon conversion w/the Tamiya kit, and just probably sell the rest.  

It is strange nobody released a Tste-tse conversion as this would just ask for some parts. I cannot remember exactly but I do not think there were major cockpit differences (possibly another gunsight). So, this just requires a new belly part where the 20mm guns muzzles were protruding and a new 6pdr gun. Obviously an opened bay to show the gun breech is another story...

It is strange nobody released a Tste-tse conversion as this would just ask for some parts. I cannot remember exactly but I do not think there were major cockpit differences (possibly another gunsight). So, this just requires a new belly part where the 20mm guns muzzles were protruding and a new 6pdr gun. Obviously an opened bay to show the gun breech is another story...

Me dose. Although the Paragon conversion is pretty decent. And no, I dont find much difference between the Paragon fighter cockpit and the Tse Tse pit. There probably are, but Im not really concerned with them.

However, I DO have a pretty sweet rifled 6 lber barrel (removable brass tip for install on the Mossie) from Lucky, along with a slew of different types of 6/lber shells.

PI000000114413.jpg

PI000000115431.jpg

When I took the odd looking brass tip off the 6 pdr barrel (for the Cromwell/Crusader tanks) , I found the SWEEEETEST rifling that got exposed at the end of the barrel. Super cool looking.

These are in the dreaded 1/35th scale, however after getting them and measuring them VS what they should be on the Mossie, conveniently, I found both the barrel, and ammo, quite a tad over-scale for 1/35th, so it appears they will work in the "close enough for government work" category.