OV-10 A/C/D Bronco brass undercarriage 1/32 scale

Ali62

O-2 Skymaster

Thanks, for the input very much appreciated.

Andy suggestions noted, I had thought about the DVIII myself, not some of the others though.

YEP!  Now there is another one that could definitely use the brass treatment!  That Roden O-2 has some of the weakest MLG Ive yet to see on an OOB kit save the OV-10.   Its almost a guarantee that the O-2 MLG will splay out if left OOB, very similar to the OV-10 in that its design inherently means weak gear unless made from a stronger material like brass.

People have even gone to the lengths of carving a groove/channel out of the O-2s MLG in order to insert some stiff brass wire. 

Thanks again guys, I will look into some of these ideas, in the next few weeks.

As for pricing Vandy 1 VX 4 (Danny), believe you me there is not a huge margin in these for me, I was and am very aware of making prices as keen as I possibly can. However when I have to subcontract out casting like this to somebody who knows what they are doing it does not come cheap, and in general the lost wax casting is a labour intensive process. Sods law has it when items get more expensive PayPal cut gets higher (not percentage but actual amount) and they take a cut on the shipping as well, I know it is a necessary evil to enable me to get paid, but it all chips away at the bottom line.

Ordered X2 sets!!     

Cant wait to get them. Been waiting on these to start my A model OV-10 since the kit first came out and I built KHM their test shot, and found out exactly how weak the gear really was.

My own personal D model is on the shelf in my display case with each main wheel splayed out about 5 or 10 degrees. :rolleyes:

Guest Clunkmeister

Ali, 2 sets coming my way.. Yippee!!!

Happy, happy, happy!

Edited by Clunkmeister

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smitty44

Hey Smitty44, when did you order your set? Wanted an estimate of when I can start looking for mine. I'm sure they are really nice. Thanks.

Chuck

He said I was one of the first, on April 24th. I can only imagine how many of these sets were ordered. He answered me right away when I inquired about when it might ship.

• 2 weeks later...