1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

I too would like to hear of any other flaws you find, what you've pointed out so far I've noticed as well through research.

Granted I wont correct a lot of them, some of them though will be addressed.

Hi Anthony.

No problem - we can discuss it here, and i can substantiate everything I say, so i welcome comment. I am not a rivet counter on most aircraft, but some i really like to go all the way, and the Harvard is one of those. But its not a case of river counting (though I suppose some would call it that) its a case of basics.

But anyway - no problem to show as I go - what is right or not.

I wont be correcting anything (for fear of running out of lifetime). Im just going to build it and do the best with whats available.

Would have loved a Vector engine - but now I think it would be a waste putting such a nice engine hidden away under cowls.

Thanks mate, that would be awesome, Sounds like any help, suggestions and advice will assist me on mine. 

Love your comment on running out of a lifetime.....I feel the same with my 32nd Westpac Rescue BK-117 and 24th Mossie!!!

I am interested in your spare T-6 if you get rid of it.  Either buy or swap??

Anyway, must dash.  I have to head to work (not used to working Saturdays!) as I am Optician in Northwood and will have people waiting for me otherwise!

Cheers

Anthony

Hmmm, great observation!  It almost looks like the base profile for the earlier curved Harvard type.  Just been looking at images and Monogram seem to have got it spot on in comparison.....but then thats nothing new Monogram seem to have stood the test of time for a long time.

Thanks for that!

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

The fuel caps on the wings.

firstly they rea in fact recessed into gollows in the wing - not flush like on the model.

The caps are smaller and differently shaped than what the model shows, but there may be fuel systems out there where this was the case, just not on any Harvard Ive ever seen, so to be correct, you should remove them and make new ones to sink under the wings surface.

The baggage compartment end s too low making the shape wrong and the 2 footpegs are also too low. see the side views of Monogram vs Kittyhawk and maybe you can make this out. on the model i reckon about 4mm too low.

cut the tabs off the elevators so that you can lower them. If you are modelling the T-6 standing in the usual parked manner, the elevators are drooped

oh - while i remember. the tailwheel is not a Harvard tailwheel. looks like a Mustang tailwheel. i guess some owners are using such a tailwheel as what is provided in the kit, but not from what ive seen. anyway - just saying. model whichever one you want, if you can find a balloon type.

Edited by SirBlueHenry

engine halves not going together very easily. I have removed all pins but still the 2 halves dont want to mate flush.

glued the 4 cowling pieces together. that came out well, with great care.

From Kev's building thread, it seems the engine halves are "handed" one way or another, and there must be a better way of assembling them (not that I have tried it yet :-) )

Hubert