Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Here's a question that I think I already know the answer to but I'll ask just the same (to be sure). Is a kitbash an acceptable entry? For example, I've got a Tamiya F-16CJ that's going to be converted to a F-16C (Block 30) Aggressor. I'm thinking that it will be allowable much the same as Dereks "correction" of a kit post above. The kitbash is the Tamiya F-16CJ kit and selected parts from the Tamiya F-16C Thunderbird kit. Technically it's only one box but I have purchased the sprues from the Thunderbird kit to allow the modification.

If it does not fit in the AOOB Group Build, that's ok, I'll just try and build something else. I have a perfect record of not finishing any entries for any group builds I've ever entered...With a full year to do it in, maybe this will be the first.

LOL.....I'm thinking we need to rename this GB to a giant red circle and slash with AM in it, with an asterisk.....LOL....JK

All of this is sooo encouraging folks, I think ya did good Kev/Ron!!!!

Although ill let you make the call on the above post... :-)

Woo hoo, 1 1/2 more days!!!!!

Edited by xmh53wrench

Am I the only one that really sits there and has trouble deciding what to do next?

No way...........Ive "decided" on doing a FM&P SkyRay for the GB. Ive already vacillated 2 or 3 times so far, I just have come back to the SkyRay so far. Ive had many other ideas floating around my head, and probably will have more before I start on anything.

I believe another luxury of an extended GB is time to decide. :)

I had decided not to build anything until the shop was ready, but I really need a break from what I'm doing :)

Need something quick and simple...Hasegawa/Revell Bf 109K-4?

Or, I might find something nice on the show/swap later today...

I need to get out of my builder's slump and hopefully this will be it.

I'm going to build my ZM Shinden.

No intention of adding anything to that bird,

(not that I've ever added too much AM as it is).

Maybe I can finish up my Rex, while I'm at it...

Mike

Guys this is a great idea :)

I am particularly grateful as it has inspired me to pick up the tools again after starting airscale in mid 2010

Got a beautiful company demonstrator Sea Fury in mind and looking forward to wrestling it out of the Hobbycraft kit. Only trouble is I risk getting spanked for using my own products.... :wicked: ...... (I hear the HC kit has no interior to speak of)

Great opportunity to bust my WIP cherry too at the same time

As hartman says - tick, tock...

Peter

Guys this is a great idea :)

I am particularly grateful as it has inspired me to pick up the tools again after starting airscale in mid 2010

Got a beautiful company demonstrator Sea Fury in mind and looking forward to wrestling it out of the Hobbycraft kit. Only trouble is I risk getting spanked for using my own products.... :wicked: ...... (I hear the HC kit has no interior to speak of)

Great opportunity to bust my WIP cherry too at the same time

As hartman says - tick, tock...

Peter

Good luck Peter - sounds interesting (looking forward to seeing this), and, as I know only too well your prediciment, it may also encourage me as an producer to follow suit (although I have no idea yet as to what to make).

I think that you'll be OK with your own products, as it is decals (including instrument panels) from any source - even if that source is your own...I guess in the spirit of the GB, your IP decals could be loosely claimed to have been produced by yourself! :)

Derek