WNW Sopwith Snipe

BloorwestSiR

Thanks everyone!

Peter, it was a great party for my mother in law.

Harv, I think you'll do just fine on yours.

Andy, I'm definitely out of my comfort zone but I think it's been well worth it.

Shaka, I'm getting there. Hopefully I'll be done soon.

Carl

Thanks Shaka! You're right about the rigging. I noticed it after I took the pic so I'll fix it when I do the other lines.

Before I could get to those, I decided to do some of the decals. Normally, I'd use paint masks but there aren't any available for the Snipe so I had no choice but to use the kit decals. They're working out much better than i expected which is a great thing.

IMG_20161121_173658.jpg

Once I get these out of the way, I'll finish the rigging and then final assembly (I hope).

Carl

I'm loving this Snipe Carl, what a typically clean and precise build you've done to showcase this lovely little plane.  I bought mine on the strength of your build, I'm looking forward to getting on with it....another 56 squadron aircraft to accompany the Hurricane, Typhoon and Meteor.

Max

Thanks everyone!

I'm still plugging away at it. The biggest headache is the rigging and I can only do a bit at a time before I go bonkers.

On that note, the rudder is on and rigged:

IMG_20161128_162300.jpg

I've also installed the landing struts. The main struts seem to be numbered backwards in the instructions so take care.

IMG_20161127_154317.jpg

IMG_20161127_154558.jpg

So I have the control surfaces and tires left. And the prop.

Carl