Desert Hunter ala Abu Dhabi DONE

marauderdriver

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Terrific work on the Hunter fit and finish looks great - just a great cammo job!

The lower the psi, the more control you have over the air/paint flow, the closer you can be to the model for a more precise you can be with your painting. Acrylics have a larger sized pigment then enamels and require a bit higher psi but I still shoot them at 12-15 psi. have you used the Iwata yet? easiest test with acrylics: thin 60  parts (Tamiya yellow cap X-20A Thinner) to 40 parts (Tamiya paint). Set your regulator at 20 psi and then do a test. press the trigger down all the way and see what the psi drops to; should be about 15-17 psi. Get close to the test model and paint a few smooth lines. You shouldn't have any spitting at all. If the paint is starting to collect at the tip, it isn't thin enough for your conditions.

Let us know how you make out

Peter

Hey Peter,   Yes I broke out the Iwata and used it to spray more Testors  Dull Coat and will use it on the next project.....EE Lightning F3 maybe

I want to get back to my B-17, but want to continue to airbrush to work this out so I guess 2 projects at once will keep me CRAZY.....aka Normal!

Hunter scored a second place out of 2.......count em' 2  entries........The guy's F-18 opened up and all things hanging was GORGEOUS!!!!

Ifeel pretty good for not having built and completed a kit in over a year and did this in a little over 3 weeks and it looks great with my Baghdad Fury.

Yes Peter I will work with your suggestions  and figure it out but I know that if I have problems I can revert to old habits LOL

In a few days I'll get my table cleaned and organize the 2 kits at once, but I,m leaning to the Lightning for paint and cause I love that airplane

Thanks You for the Kind Words

Jack

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Congrats! A win is a win no matter what and just the fact that you entered and participated is all that counts. Keep us in the loop on your air brushing progress and hopefully all will work out

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some outside shots.....some better than others...........could not resist putting my

Abu Dhabi Hunter and my Baghdad Fury together..............2 Brit aircraft......same camo colors.......Middle East UsersIMAG0520.jpgIMAG0514.jpgIMAG0504.jpgIMAG0537.jpglook in the GB  Foreign markings for a few more pics

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Terrific work on the Hunter, as she came across the line with flying colors, and the dual aircraft photos are really a nice touch.

So very well done

Peter

Thank You Kev..If I could get some consistency I would be happier, but since I paid $25 at the pawn shop I really can't complain,

Went camera shopping tonight.

Thank You Peter...I just couldn't resist putting then together.....Just l like both a/c and the desert camo

Well my first GB period I have never done it before

Jack