Dragon Bf110E

mozart

The cockpit's coming together quite nicely, all this dry fitted of course.  I'm assuming the little object which is (curiously) moulded in clear plastic and which I've painted in black on the upper right hand Bordfunker's position is the morse key, as such I'll be adding a trailing wire from its front before finalising everything.

cIfQzx.jpg

That is nice. I am busy with the Eduard 1/48, really struggling as +/- 350 parts in a 1/48 is a lot. 

Ah, the Eduard 1/48th Bf110s!!  I built their G-4 some years ago, when it was first released.  Having built a couple of the Revell Monogram G-4s including the Cutting Edge correction set for the nacelles, spinners and props, I found Eduard's offering over complicated, over engineered and a not very enjoyable build with very poor fitting in many areas.  Good luck Gerhard!!

Guest Peterpools

Max

Super work on the front office . looking real good

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Can't believe I missed the start of this Max - good to see you back and having made such great progress.

Torben

Hello Torben, there's so much going on in the forum it's impossible to keep up with all the builds that are happening, but I'm pleased to see you've picked up on the Bf110E!  It's a lovely kit, with the usual caveat of the instructions, though I have to say that many of the wrongly labelled parts have been corrected by Dragon for this kit, though omissions still apply!  Fortunately I've had quite a lot of bench time recently so, combined with my love of the Bf110, I've been able to crack on with it.  It comes to a shuddering halt today though......off to Switzerland for a week so things will be gathering dust at home!!

Max

Very nice work on the cockpit!  The fit does look good as you mentioned.

A good fit indeed!  I had my doubts at one stage whether the belly gun assembly would fit into the space in the floor but fit it did......just!! 

dOlktq.jpg

kPUxCG.jpg

0Y1QaX.jpg

zD6lQJ.jpg

The positions of the spare magazines are not well illustrated in the instructions  :doh: but after a bit of fiddling around I came up with what I hope are the correct slots!
Max