Revell F-14 Tomcat

peterwilky

Finally got back into the hobby after 15 ish years abstinance.

Thought that I'd start off with a nice easy Revell F-14 Tomcat build, only trouble was that I had forgotten all about the issues with fit on this kit. Not such an easy build after all. I didn't try to get over involved in historical accuracy for this scheme, just wanted to use these decals and also spruce the basic kit up a bit.

Overall I am pleased with the end result and looking forward to starting another one soon.

post-5897-1231692810.jpg

The F-14 was built pretty much standard with the exception of Aires ejector seats, Waldron canopy details and Flightpath TCS. Decals came from Superscale VF-41 decals and then Fightertown (ejector seat, tank and formation lights), Two Bobs (AIM-9 missiles) as well as some old AIM-54 and AIM-7 decals from the Tamiya kit. A few odd scratchbuilt parts completed the build.

Pete

post-5897-1231693826.jpg

• 6 years later...

Looking very nice

I really like this model of VF-41 F-14A Black Aces, Carrier Air Group CVW-8, Carrier USS Nimitz (CVN-68)

Correct me if I am wrong but I haven't seen another attempt in 1:32 dedicate to one of the two Libyan Su-22 killers!

I just acquire my Tamiya's Tomcat but I am a little disappointed because it is reissue “1994 version†and probably I will offer it for exchange.

afce25cc9a19.jpg

Edited by Dany Boy