1/32 Tamiya Mosquito (Merged)

ScoobyDoo

I'm fairly happy with my 1/48th Mosquito so I'm not so bothered about seeing the Mossy in 1/32 anyway (especially as the 1/32 version will have those damn rubber tyres no doubt). 

I wish Tamiya would do a Mk1 Beaufighter in 1/48th though.   That's long overdue seeing as they've already tooled up many of the parts for it.

I have the Airfix 1:24 Mossie, so while one in 1:32 from Tamiya would be nice I too would kill for a good 1:32 Beaufighter Mk.VI. (or any Hercules version, TF Mk.X, Mk.21)

And as they have done one in 1:48 scaling up to 1:32 wouldn't be that much of a problem?

Edited by 32tragic

You see this is the sort of disrespect to manufacturers that gets on a lot of peoples ****. You could say "just ignore it" but you post it just to get allergic responses.

Agreed and dealt with

Ron

Why is stating a fact (HK doesn't use rubber tires) verboten?  Seriously?  It says **nothing** about any other company.  It is simply a statement of fact.

Just a mistake on my part,  fixed now

Ron

I'm late to the party but I too dislike rubber tires, even on the Tamiya kits.  I'd much rather have plastic or resin, there's no perpetual seam to try and hide. However, since the statement in and of itself is not germane to the subject, I'll put it back on track by saying that if Tamiya does release a Mosquito, I'll be looking at it more closely if it turns out to be a Mk. VI over a Mk. IV.  I just like the fighter-bomber skeeter.

I have the Airfix 1:24 Mossie, so while one in 1:32 from Tamiya would be nice I too would kill for a good 1:32 Beaufighter Mk.VI. (or any Hercules version, TF Mk.X, Mk.21)

And as they have done one in 1:48 scaling up to 1:32 wouldn't be that much of a problem?

I would also love a couple or more Beaufighters, but Tamiya will have to jiggle around with  the design if they are to please me. There were a few errors on the 1/48 which would be even less acceptable in 1/32

I'm late to the party but I too dislike rubber tires, even on the Tamiya kits.  I'd much rather have plastic or resin, there's no perpetual seam to try and hide. However, since the statement in and of itself is not germane to the subject, I'll put it back on track by saying that if Tamiya does release a Mosquito, I'll be looking at it more closely if it turns out to be a Mk. VI over a Mk. IV.  I just like the fighter-bomber skeeter.

Ditto. The FB.VI has to be favourite, and it's also the basis for a later NF like the XIX/30.

But I like rubber tyres - or separate tyres and hubs in plastic if necessary - and please *without* the *flat tyre* look. Separate tyres and hubs/rims takes away so much pain when it comes to that neat edge around the rims but bulged jet tyres, in particular, look plain wrong.

Tony

Unless they are actually bulged

1784868.jpg

That's why I like rubber tyres! And if you want them semi-retracted or down in an in-flight display, voila!

Tony

Its odd, I find Tamiya one of, if the the ONLY manufacturer out there, that I would blindly just buy their product..............................without question, and without seeing a single square mm of a single one of the sprues.

I find it also odd, that no matter what the subject, in this case the Mossie, that Tamiya put out, I would hold off on buying another manufacturers kit of the same air-frame on the chance that I would get to buy a Tamiya version of the same plane.  This is by NO means a slam against ZM or HKM, as I have models from both of them that I really enjoyed building and admiring (and will buy MORE from each) , its just that darnit if Tamiya (IMHO) doesnt makes the  finest models on the planet.

Seems utterly incredible that two companies are making a 1/32 Mossie when there are so many alternatives out there begging to be made.

Technically if Tamiya puts one out, it would be three.