New 1/32 Tempest - master photos

Jan_K

Are you with Special Hobby, Jan ? If so: A - I like your models a lot. B - would you please finish the Yak-3 that were on the way some years ago?

Hello,

today I spoke to the company owner. Priorities: first  Short Sunderland, then 1/32 Tempest, expected fall 2014,  then Jak-3.

Jan

Hello,

today I spoke to the company owner. Priorities: first  Short Sunderland, then 1/32 Tempest, expected fall 2014,  then Jak-3.

Jan

THAT makes me a happy man !!

Can I suggest LaGG-3, La5, La5FN now that they are doing russian planes ?? :frantic: :frantic:

I hate to be "that guy", but I am actually getting a bit tired of "wrong" availability dates.  First it was fall of 2013...then spring of 2014....now fall of 2014.

It does look like a great kit.....and I can understand if their estimates were off by a month or two or three.  But when we are talking off by a year or more I tend to think they are being disingenuous with their estimates in order to keep the internet "buzz" going.  With so many "coming" kits the constantly setback ETAs wind up being "never".  The periodic photos posted really don't seem to be showing much progress over the last year or so.

Meh, I guess I'm just like an impatient little kid waiting for Xmas.....you can ignore me.

You had to bring up the Trumpy TBD Thomas? The soon to be never released kit? A lot of guys have sure expressed an interest in that kit.... over the years!

Still it will be interesting to see this kit next to the PCM kit.

Guest Peterpools

The Trump TBD ... what a mystery ... always mentioned on the to be released list, lots of photos of the molds and test shots ... but a houdini when it comes to appearing on the hobby shop shelves. There has to be a story behind why the kit never makes it out the door. :hmmm:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

• 6 months later...

The parts look great, and thanks for posting, but I'm more than a little jaded, all I want to know next is when the kits are going to be released, and hopefully the answer will be tomorrow. Really looking forward to these kits.

Yep ... got into 'yawn' territory a long time ago ... Ken must be LHAO! ... Something not too many of us will enjoy!

Rog :)

Totally agree....they look very much like the photos that were released 18 months ago.

Now I imagine that the "Fall of 2014" release, that had already been set back 3 or 4 times, is bogus also right?

I'm about to the point that I will decline to buy it simply out of principle...just because I am tired of the disingenuous nonsense.

Edited by Bryan

Now I imagine that the "Fall of 2014" release, that had already been set back 3 or 4 times, is bogus also right?

Yup, Petr posted the following on August 20th over on LSM;

"Hello,

Sorry, the Tempest model has been postponed, several other projects needed completion first. 

We assume that this model could be available  between Christmas and Nuremberg Toy Fair."

There comes a time when updates stop piquing folks interest and is taking the Michael. Of course Petr doesn't say which Christmas and Nuremberg Toy Fair the model could (?) be available... 2021? - or maybe 2044, the hundred-year anniversary of when the type entered RAF service? 

Edited by Kagemusha