Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

As stated previously, my main interest outside of a British twin prop and 1960s jets is a Japanese single engined machine, and I think Hasegawa are the most likely to fulfill desires for the latter.

Would absolutely love a new tool Tomcat and would be neutral about anything with a 0, 1 or 9 in its designation, but happy for those who love those subjects. TBH, with four Revell Bf 109 Gs in the stash I can happily pass. I must get its Me 262 B nachtjager.

More Russian would also be good. I hope ICM continue producing kits as good as its I-16 Type 24. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Delightful.

Tony

Lunar lander in 1/32 would be nice...

...But I suppose I am shooting for the moon...

Sounds like you just want to leave a bag of cr@p on a celestial body.

BTW, on space, is the Sea King so ugly that even Revell won't consider it?

Tony

I can't imagine all the love for the F4F Wildcat.  It must be one of the ugliest planes of WW2 and reminds me of the Brewster Buffalo, another profile that only a mother could love    :sorry:

Jim, the pure fact of the matter is the Wildcat was the mainstay of USN and USMC aviation in the early part of the War in the Pacific. Ugly? You bet, but could say the same thing about the Hurrie, yet it was the hero of the Battle of Britain, even though the Spit gets all the love and credit.

Edited by Bill Cross

Shutting posts down for no reason is outright censorship.

If you're not interested in the topic, just stop posting/reading

it yourself and let it end of it's own accord.

I hate censorship :angry2:

I really don't think it's censorship as it's been discussed to death, and not a single person on this list or anywhere has posted anything other then pure speculation including myself. And most posts duplicate other posts as to what they'd love to see and not see come down the Tamiya production line. That's my point. Whether or not it's actually shut down may have been a poor choice of words, but it doesn't seem to have any ending. Even the PB threads have died down. 

Joel

It's not at all yawny. It goes away when there's something new to talk about - grab a beer, a cigar and have a laugh. Or go for a run.

Frankly, I'd like to see "live" discussions on all the key manufacturers and what they might or might not make.

As for the Tamiya Mosquito, I am at a loss as to why there has been next to no AM conversion sets for the FB.VI.

Was the Mosquito market thrashed to oblivion by the Airfix 1/24 offering?

Are AM conversion folks nervous about investing in such sets because they are playing a waiting game to see if Tamiya will issue a derivative kit or two, or they suspect the same?

We now even have decals for a Swedish NF.XIX but no bitz.

Tony

Maybe I should start a new thread about the Tamiya Mosquito ?

Or anyone have any info. about an NF conversion?

Am particularly after a bull/universal type nose radome and SCR-720/AI Mk X radar set for the cockpit, for the NF.XVII/XIX configuration.

TIA

Tony

edited

Edited by Tony T

A lovely idea if I was well enough to build very complex models. But when and if that day beckons in this lifetime, I would not touch the FB.VI without the necessary parts to build a bullnose NF. (And no, I don't scratch - that's for cats.)

Camera gear - yes

Suitable image-hosting site - not at present

Functioning PC - sort of

Model in question - yes

Parts needed for conversion - no

Tools & paint - yes

References - yes

Desire - yes

Mental capacity - no

Psychomotor dexterity - no

Score: 60%

Voila, but I find others' work inspirational.

Tony

Tony,

I've got to agree with Pete. I can't see why you would possibly be looking for AM parts to convert the Tamiya MB VI into a MK IV, due to the personal medical issues you describe, especially when KH makes an excellent 1/32 MK IV. check out Kent's build as he took it to the nth degree. 

Why not model easier subjects or even in a smaller scale if that would be easier for you to do, and post a build blog as you progress with your build?

Joel

I'm looking for parts to convert the FB.VI into an NF.XIX. Not sure where the Mk.IV entered the equation. Flat windshield, side hatch, just like the FB.VI, but with a new nose and cockpit instruments.

My condition is intermittent, and so what I choose to model, why, in what scale and at what speed is entirely a matter for myself. Given the slow speed, any WIP would be ludicrously long and I do not want any kind of pressure! Am currently "building" six kits and it's not complexity per se, but rather that such would currently result in a preposterously long project!

Cheers

Tony

And yes, I'm wondering if Tamiya will do an NF boxing of the FB.VI with some new parts. They did at least two NF boxings in 1/48, so it's an entirely realistic and legitimate question and not pie-in-the-sky pure wish list stuff.

Thanks

Tony

We have many members here who do not post their work including several staff members. It's certainly not a prerequisite to being a member nor expected. 

These Tamiiya wish list threads have been going on here for as long as I can remember.  Do I get tired of the subject? yeah I guess I do, but I see no reason to lock a thread because we are sick of the subject.  It will die it's own death if people just stop posting.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

LSP

After the joy police effectively informed me that my opinion is apparently invalid I decided it was time for a hiatus from LSP, but have been looking at the truly spectacular models on LSP for inspiration.

Took in the sea air at Withernsea. Lots of giant airscrews in the Westermost Rough hypnotically going round, and around, beckoning me. Rough's Centrica 47/3B sea platform could be seen twenty miles off the coast. (Has a 3.3 billion cu metre storage capacity in the continental shelf, holding up to 70% of the country's gas reserves. No wonder you can't find it on google maps!)

Then to Askrigg in the Yorkshire Dales, Emily Bronte and James Herriot country. Not a whiff of plastic anywhere. And the best chips I've had in many years, probably double or triple fried. Enjoyed the real ale at the Kings Arms and Crown too, interspersed with the statutory Guinness.

May resume effort on the Finnish Fishbed C and begin a newie like an Me 262 B, the former to test some decals I drew and had printed by Greg Drawbaum, the latter to use the rubber tyres and Mk.108 brass cannon salvaged from a Trumpeter 262 A-1a. Yes, rubber tyres - something many here decree as too toylike, but I LOVE them. And the Schwalbe was only £27.95 including postage (or shipping as some say, even though it comes by lorry, er, truck, rather than mail carriage). Originally started the Fishbed in 2005, so twelve years now; are these things ever completed? BTW, the Kuopio/Rissala MiG will have rubber tyres too. Neat eh?!

No, no WIPs. It takes all my energy to actually do the model-making without fussing with a camera, uploading images to a PC, thence to a site which *still* hosts third party posting, and setting up the links (phew!!). I might do an RFI at some stage *if* anything gets finished and I'm minded to display it, *and* find a substitute for the effectively defunct free Photo Bucket service.

As for Tamiya, I still am hoping they mirror some of their 1/48 efforts and in particular issue a 1/32 NF boxing of the Mosquito with thimble and bullnose options.

Cheers

Tony