'Gaboon Viper' of VAL-4 - Bin Thuy - 1971-1972

karimb

Karim,

I'm glad your daughter has gotten past the infection! 

As for this model...  I find it hard to throw away something I paid good money for.  But the you have to figure that aggravation costs your spirit more than the few dollars a kit costs.

Have fun, build WNW!

Gaz

Hey Gaz

Thanks for stopping by...no nothing is thrown away just packed carefully... took me a few days to figure out wether it was 'acceptable' to me to bag up the kit and store it for when i had more inkling to continue work on it or just push on. I usually don't do this as i completely avoid the concept of a shelf of doom, or at least have been trying the past years... I just got to a point where i was completely out of steam...

Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend Karim - my lass had a similar urgent hospital stay when she was three - she turns 15 next month! 

Torben

Torben God bless her...

Kids sure do grow quickly!

Thanks for your thoughts

My friend, just catching up on this and I just heard about your daughter. So happy to hear she is on the mend. Like others said, family first plastic can wait. Everything looks like your normal top notched work .......Harv :popcorn:

Guest Clunkmeister

Brother, I don't think I need to remind you that you and yours are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Models are a distant secondary thing to our family. We work to provide for our families, we build to recharge to go back to work.

The need for this model will return, sooner than you think.

• 2 months later...

Surprise!!!!

Probably not a thread you all thought would be back on the LSP (or your own) radar............but here we are! After looking over all of Karim's gorgeous work on the OV-10 up to this point, I thought it a real shame to have all that work by a world class modeler go to waste...................SO, knowing my affection for the OV-10, and already having two under my belt (admittedly neither as nice as Karim's example!) awhile back I engaged Karim with a wild and crazy Idea...................to have him send me the remains of his OV-10 and let me finish the build in a sort of COOP build.

Karim generously accepted, as I likely dont have the skill or ambition to go to the "super detailing" lengths he went to, but will continue on from where Karim left off on the build, and get it up to stuff, continuing to utilize the MicoMark raised rivets that Karim so skillfully started with.

I now have Karims beautiful OV-10 in just the same state you all saw it in last time. I will not be changing anything in Karims build, but more am going for a "joint" type build of my own, using what Karim has done so far as a jumping off point rather than removing or changing any of the major parts.

Now that is not to say Ill be doing anything as well as Karim did here, but with my experience with the KHM OV-10, Ill hopefully have my 3rd OV-10 up and started soon!

I just wanted to drop those who followed Karims lovely build a line, and let all know that the OV-10A of his is not dead, but has just moved a few thousand miles away to a new home to continue the build.

I also just got a nice PM from a gent named Bob, who works for H & B Hobbies, who are a distributor of "REXx" metal exhausts. They are very akin to the old Moskit style grown metal exhausts. They have now just come out with an OV-10A set after I sent them my OV-10A OOB exahusts:

RX32048f-XL.png

RX32048e-XL.png

RX32048c-XL.png

RX32048d-XL.png

I should have these in hand within a week or two, as I also now have X2 sets of the Aerocraft Models OV-10 brass gear too. Thanks again to one and all for following Karims build, and a special thanks to the man himself!

Karim, your payment for the OV-10 will be packed up and should be shipping tomorrow, as long as I can get to the PO.

Be on the lookout for Karim and my combo continuation build which will be switching from "Gaboon Viper" in 72-72 to "Cherry 6" 68-69.

Cheers!

Congratulations Brian on picking this up can you supply us with an email address or website for those exhausts. looks like I'll have to pick up at least two sets.

do you know if they are going to come out with a D model version exhaust?

Surprise!!!!

96wzJWL.jpg

I engaged Karim with a wild and crazy Idea......to have him send me the remains of his OV-10 and let me finish the build in a sort of COOP build.

:clap2: :popcorn:

The subject of this GB being probably at the extreme opposite of my own areas of interests, I have to confess I missed Karim's thread until yesterday ...

But I feel now smarter for having gone though it. You pulled your magic again on this one, Karim :bow: : absolutely outstanding detailing work on that kit so far !

So, it's good to see Brian pick up the torch from now on, and take the challenge to finish it. Looking forward for more :popcorn:

And these exhausts look great as well. With Ali's brass gear legs, it seems the AM coverage is now enough to justfy more completed builds ...

Hubert

Guest Peterpools

Karmin My Friend

Just finished catching up and so glad Zoe's health is improving, the infection is under control and she is feeling so much better. Nothing comes before family.

I can feel your frustration with the Bronco and when the fun and emjoyment have vanished, far better to box it up for another day then struggle and searching for reasons to avoid working. It's a hobby that we should enjoy, feel satisfaction from our efforts and be a welcome part of our day. When that changes, it's time to box up the frustration and move on - there is always another day.

I was amazed that the Bronco has turned into a true Buddy build with Brian working onboard; what a trendous idea.

My best to Zoe and yourself

Your Friend

Peter