B-25J Betty's Dream(ing) of a French Kiss

BloorwestSiR

Instead of trying to strip the green off why not overspray with a gloss light gray then hit it with silver? Should work fine. :)

I actually started on some of the detail painting and weathering so starting from scratch on a second set is easier. Otherwise, I would just painted over it.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Here's the start on V2.0 of the bomb bay.

DSC_0105-L.jpg

For the external bay detail that came from the Profimodeler set, I'm going to use plastic card and strip. I've started on that now.

DSC_0106-L.jpg

I've ordered a replacement Eduard set for the bay interior so hopefully that won't take long to arrive. In the meantime, I'm going to take advantage of the re-set and see about adding some of the wiring detail to the bay.

Carl

I have a question about this kit: they have a clear edition, which I thought would be a cool way of demonstrating a bunch of interior detail, perhaps even with some crew figures for an in flight display. Is it possible to build the bombay with one of those sidewalls left off, so you could see through the clear fuselage half to the detailed bomb bay inside? Or is the box structure of the bay integral to the structure of the build?

I had the parts out so here's what it would look like with one side of the bomb bay left out.

DSC_0110-L.jpg

DSC_0113-L.jpg

The bomb bay mounts fairly securely to the fuselage. There's a large peg that'll hold it in place even without the sidewall installed. I'd probably paint around the wing mount though and possibly blank it off from the inside just to clean it up a bit. Then you would have the top and bottom areas open to see the bomb bay and crawlspace details.

If you do decide to get one, Sprue Brothers often have it as part of their Deal of the Day special.

Carl

Small bit of progress. I've started adding some of the conduit piping to the bomb bay I'm using plastic rod for this. I think it'll show up enough to make it worthwhile.

DSC_0116-L.jpg

My replacement Eduard bomb bay is on the way. So hopefully it will arrive soon and I can continue.

Carl

Thanks for following up on that for me, Carl. I think it'd be a cool way to show the bomb bay and interior detail. I had thoughts of doing this with the old Monogram visible B-17 and a ton of eduard PE. I might still do that, vs the HK Mitchell. Probably depends on whether it would be easier to find all the figs in 1/48 vs 1/32

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I got back to work on the bomb bay for the second time. :)

DSC_0203-L.jpg

Once things dry, I'll give it a primer coat and then some silver paint.

In the meantime, I looked at the tail gunner and waist gunner positions. I noticed that there's no floor for the waist gunners. Might be a problem...

Carl