Trumpy Hurri Mk IIC

Lancman

Damn you! I've been eyeballing this kit for sometime now but haven't bit the bullet trying to avoid 24th scale.

After seeing this I need to give this kit a go.

Nice work so far

Ron

I agree. This seems to be a great kit but I too try to avoid the 24th stuff. No room to display what I already have! :hi:

Another update started work on the wings and tail, nothing has been glued yet so it shows how good the fit is. The poor paint job is that I decided to button things up but I still gave the parts a quick paint even though nothing will be seen, and I dirtied up the wheel well section a bit.

hurri6.JPG

hurri7.JPG

hurri8.JPG

hurri9.JPG

Graham

That's looking really smart Graham,

I remember it being a lovely kit to build.

The only difficult thing I remember was that the fit of the cannon fairings was a bit iffy top and bottom and I had to spread them with a bit of card to get them flush.

Great progress, looking forward to more!

Phil :beer4:

Fantatstic work Graham! I hope you got my PM. I must remember to check on the group build portion of the forum more often. I'm far too slow of builder to join one of these group builds. The build would be over by the time I got round to opening a tube of glue. :thumbsup:

When trying the fuselage to wings fit I found I had a gap at both sides around 0.5-1mm so I fitted a spreader (39mm) behind the pilots seat using a piece of sprue and the fit is now so much better and tight, you also need to trim the stubs on the elevators so they also fit a bit better as they push each other out.

hurri11.JPG

hurri12.JPG

Graham.

Thanks guys well the airframe is together and a coating of Mr Surfacer to check and it looks ok, this is a great kit to build and the guys here who know me will know i'm not the quickest so this must be like greased lightning :speak_cool:

hurri13.JPG

hurri14.JPG

hurri15.JPG

Graham

Here's my take on the radiator and the side panel, got the SAC metal undercart and to say they are a major disappointment is an understatement they look worse than the kits gear and at that price they should be a lot better in detail :BANGHEAD2: . Ahh well we live and learn.

hurri17.JPG

Graham.

Here's my take on the radiator and the side panel, got the SAC metal undercart and to say they are a major disappointment is an understatement they look worse than the kits gear and at that price they should be a lot better in detail :BANGHEAD2: . Ahh well we live and learn.

Graham.

Hey Graham that radiator looks fantastic..seen enough pics of the real thing to say in a closeup you wouldn't know it was a kit. What paints did you use on it ? As for the aftermarket L/G... my experience with aftermarket has been negative as well.. not metal gear but resin 'bits'.. which is why I tend to make my own stuff. Great build, looking forward to seeing her in warpaint.

Cheers

Vaughn

Thanks Vaughn, I used Xtracrylix black with a touch of silver added to give it a metalic look and silver for the edging. Here are the prop blades being rounded off as it's been pointed out already the kit ones are a bit strange in shape.

hurri18.JPG

Graham.