RT-33 "Project Field Goal" Update 9/15/14

Teresa

Holy Cow! What a terrific build and it's going to be a joy to follow and enjoy.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter.... :wow:

All of you GREAT Guys, and all of the support and help is over whelming, but I love it!!

Great! now I really have to build it  :rofl: ...just kidding, it should be challenging and fun, if I don't age 10 years by the time I am done.  :rofl:

You are doing a GREAT job with yours as well. :thumbsup:

My best to you

Teresa  :D

:wow: Guys!

Thank you so much, this is very humbling and please forgive me if I forgot to respond back to ANYONE! I would not do this on purpose.

I try to respond back when needed. I also try to give respect for others who are working on there projects as well. 

Between Work, Domestic Goddess home duties, and starting this build, I try to stay caught up on all of the great builds and skills that you all have that I learn from.  :bow:

All my best to everyone and Happy building!  :clap2:

Teresa 

:D

This is what they look like Clunkmeister...made these for the CAF pic you pointed out,started the build but it's shelved for the moment.

Thanks for posting them. I was going to tell all who did the mastering, but you beat me to it.

They look good in photos as well.....

Edited by Harold

Thems the ones. The RCAF used them on the t-Birds all the time. Long past any useful purpose to keep them around, but they still were good at ECM sim stuff.

I bet they drove the USAF and NORAD crazy riding around limpet gat, just trying to get intercepted...

Might try to finish this build later in the fall.always liked that pic,,don't have a clue as to why.I mean it's two shades of grey lol.

Cheers.

Well, now that I know that both members of this family are wearing pants and have big guns (not to mention all that hair around the face :whistle: ) I am sure this build will be successfull.

So here are the promised hints about some snags below the water. It's from a F-80 build, but they should apply to the T-33 too:

Cockpit - Fine. Add some details here and there.

Front wheel well - Superglue to one half of the fuselage before closing the fuselage. Don't try to sqeeze it - it tends to crack (the well).

Don't forget to add weight at the front, it's a tail heavy bird.

Intakes: The box of Pandora, aka: a can of worms.

Cut the intakes off of the wings and glue them to the fuselage first. This will enhance overall fit. There is an inner "ramp" with slots at the front. They are well visible! Replace the "slots" with thinner plastic. The "ramp" has a step at the rear. Smooth this out with some putty of your choice.

Wings - Easy. Best part of the kit. Take care of the rear wing/fuselage joint. Some sanding and filling required.

Wheel well - Add some plumbing and gizmos. Legs don't fit given holes in the wing and front well.

Wheels - Somewhat brittle and marred by tiny holes. And you have to drill proper holes for the axles...

Horizontal stabs - Good fit, but very small contact faces; makes glueing somewhat complicated.

Good luck and good progress!

- dutik

Hi Guys

Well I have been working long hours this week, so I don't have much of an update, but I did take a little time to do something.  :wub:

I have some beautiful AMS Resin parts from Harold

DSC00792.jpg

True Details parts that I am excited to add to my build.

DSC00791.jpg

Ok, I Have more sawing, sanding and grinding to do  :rolleyes:

DSC00802.jpg

Hopefully I will have allot more soon!

Thanks for looking in.

Teresa  :)

Edited by Girlscanplay2

AH, you do have the back seat electronics ! This is gonna be good. I have one in the stash and want to build it like yours Teresa. Good luck my friend......Harv :popcorn:

AH, you do have the back seat electronics ! This is gonna be good. I have one in the stash and want to build it like yours Teresa. Good luck my friend......Harv :popcorn:

I do, I do, I do!!!  :yahoo:

Thank you for looking in Harv thought you might like them!  :rofl:

Teresa 

Edited by Girlscanplay2

ALRIGHT...ALRIGHT...ALRIIIGHT!! 

I know you have to start somewhereTeresa, Tell your Boss "Jack said to leave us alone, but still pay us $2,000 per week......EACH"

Just tell him that and I'm sure he will leave you alone so you can get more important things done, like model building.

watch'in you  :wicked:  :wicked: 

jack

Teresa my sweet friend, I can't wait to see some parts glued ! Oh, and by the way, if you find another AMS back seat set, be sure and send it my way !.....Harv  :popcorn: