Fleet Air Arm Bearcat

wunwinglow

I opened up the wheel wells forwards to make room for the bigger Sea Fury wheels and tyres I am robbing from the Hobbycraft Sea Fury, as these will be replaced with the fantastic Fisher parts. I also started filling in the wing roots, as there is a gap where the stretch went.. I still haven't decided how i am going to alter the wings, but with two sets of kit parts to play with I have a few options.

11174434_752392331546648_351404911807592

• 1 month later...

Inner wing panels sanded top surfaces, and another trial assembly. I'll box in the undercarriage bays next, then look at the outer panels as they will need lengthening to match the longer inner panels.

11403128_780523378733543_589677517467292

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow

Made up the outer wing panels, which will be folded. I used the existing outer panels, and cut up the remaining spare inner wings from the second kit, at a point where the chord matched to new extended wings. It took a fair bit of fiddling to get it to all line up. Lots of braces across the joins, then i will sand it all smooth when the glue has set hard.

1782376_782507915201756_2951552290115193

Tim

What a great project!  I had no idea there was so much of a difference between the U.S. Navy and French Bearcat.  Or is the kit so far off this is what's needed to make a production Bearcat?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark, this isn't a real aircraft! I am just hacking a 'What-If?' from two Bearcat kits I had hanging around. I always thought the Bearcat looked a bit stumpy, so thought I'd do a bit of customising. I have no ide what it will look like in the end, probably a cross between a bubble top Corsair, Wildcat, and maybe Firebrand, especially if I finish it in Fleet Air Arm colours, which is the aim.

Actually, I'm having a ball with this one, no hang-ups over accuracy! Just going with it.....

Tim