Tamiya Lancaster MkII

Lancman

Decided to start work on this again as I can't wait anymore for the HK B-17  :mental:  but can't believe it's been so long hiding in the stash. So I have glued the engine nacells on but cowlings and engines are just sitting in place and doewn't the Herc version look brutish :fight:

lancaster%20MkII%20eng_zpsuec2fac0.jpg

lancaster%20MkII%20eng1_zpsvwtwg7wr.jpg

lancaster%20MkII%20eng2_zps1c570b7f.jpg

lancaster%20MkII%20eng3_zpszco6inis.jpg

Graham

• 1 month later...

Here's one of the inboard engines fitted with the landing gear there is about a 1mm gap between the resin engine and where the Paragon instructions show you where to cut. So I have stuck some strip in and will cut and sand it and add a smear of filler to it, the rear of the engine and the bottom of the engine to wing joint.

lanc%20landing%20gear_zpskjvo2ggi.jpg

Graham

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Justin it's the Trumpeter scriber. If you like something to try your patience then try the Eduard flap set :mental: and to add spice to it the poor instructions are wrong too. Here is the first flap done there are 14 parts plus 2 bits of plastic rod and it would be a lot easier if someone did them in resin, now only another 7 to go :frantic:

lancaster%20flap_zpstilrrrlc.jpg

lancaster%20flap%201_zpsr9r7wfyl.jpg

lancaster%20flap%202_zpsd1ws8pxc.jpg

Graham

Hi Justin it's the Trumpeter scriber. If you like something to try your patience then try the Eduard flap set :mental: and to add spice to it the poor instructions are wrong too. Here is the first flap done there are 14 parts plus 2 bits of plastic rod and it would be a lot easier if someone did them in resin, now only another 7 to go :frantic:

I have the Tamiya Lanc kit in the stash and my thoughts are, if only the Paragon Design resin flap set was still available. Bet if these came up on evil bay they would fetch a ridiculous price.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Kev, started fitting the engines and their sub assy's. There are no location or markings as where the stubbs and intakes go so it's a look at an old set of SAM 1/72nd plans and MkI eyeball, there will be a bit of filler required to blend them in but it's now taking on the brutish looks of the MkII.

lancaster%20engines%201_zpsutiggwqh.jpg

Graham