Hawker Typhoon 1:24 scale

Ripaman

Ah, work on what ever gets the juices flowing.  I'll call you Thurs for beers next weekend.  Wolf, any chance your in Cowtown next weekend?

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron, yep juices are flowing for the Tiffy, see you on the weekend.

You know Ron, that would probably make my month to join you both for a couple of brewskis but there's not a chance I could make it. I will, however, let you know when I will be in the neighbourhood and we'll make a meet happen for sure!

Cheers,

Wolf

Hope to see you soon Wolf this would make my month as well, I will keep some beers warm  :beer4:

Great to see you're working on one of these Richard. Your work is always amazing, can't wait to see this one come together.

Matt  :frantic:

Thanks Matt, I find this aircraft a pleasure to build, love what you have done to yours.

Ricahrd

Insane and incredible work..

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks alot Peter, I still think you should get yours out again  :clap2:

Cracking stuff

Glad you like the Tifft Zak, just adding a small amount of detail here and there.

Thanks Guys for looking in,

Have been adding more parts to the engine and found by removing the back tabs of the engine mounts you can glue on the Carb and have the engine go on later.

IMG_6713_zpswykrbyzy.jpg[/url]

IMG_6712_zpsxofiodhp.jpg[/url]

Used some soft aluminum from a wine bottle to hide the seam from the air duct to radiator 

IMG_6715_zps4w163upe.jpg[/url]

All these parts added without glue so that I can see if everything will fit just right.

IMG_6709_zpsnfts1flw.jpg[/url]

IMG_6710_zps0jug8cmi.jpg[/url]

IMG_6711_zpsuyyq7q86.jpg[/url]

Last I have added some piping from the air cylinder

IMG_6708_zpsr1fjzhuc.jpg[/url]

Until next time,

Regards

Richard

Nicely done.  Nice detail painting.  I like the braided hose.  Glad to see it in use.  1/24 seems to be its' true scale.  Foil is a nice cover-up.

It's good the carb is a solid mount so you can remove the engine tabs, otherwise alignment would be challenging.

Good show, Richard.

Sincerely,

Mark

Looking good Richard.  It was great seeing you today, thanks again the AK washes, that was very kind.

I'll try to get over to your place in the upcoming weeks to have a look at the Triffy as well

Cheers

Ron

I love it! more more more!!!!!!!

Craig

Thanks alot Craig

Nicely done.  Nice detail painting.  I like the braided hose.  Glad to see it in use.  1/24 seems to be its' true scale.  Foil is a nice cover-up.

It's good the carb is a solid mount so you can remove the engine tabs, otherwise alignment would be challenging.

Good show, Richard.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Had the 2mm braided hose for the Hurri, and size was just right for the tiffy still thinking which size to use to the spark plugs, have .015" and .020"

It looks so real, Ripaman :)     Your paintjob/weathering is amazing.   :)

Thanks very much Crackerjazz, learning the weathering by looking at other builds on this site.

That's just excellent ;)

Learning from you Loic  :thumbsup:

Richard

Gorgeous progress and the level of added detail and weathering is wonderful

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks very much Peter, just adding some small detail, learning lots regarding painting.

Mad skills there Richard....Like the way everything is so wonderfully defined and crisp..nothing haphazard.

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

Thanks William, have to give credit to Airfix for a great model, just needs a little extra care and alot of clean up  :thumbsup:

Excellent. Looking very good!

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter

Awesome work Richard. How much are you planning to show off with this one? Complete skeleton build?

Matt  :frantic:

Hi Matt, no skeleton on this one, i want to finish a model  :rolleyes: but I am thinking of doing a diorama with the engine being replaced !!!

Richard,

INCREDIBLE work.. :wow:

It's so good to see your work... I am always astounded by your detailed, FINESSE AND FLAWLESS workmanship..

JOLLY WELL DONE. I cannot wait to see more of your skillful modeling..

:bow:

You have made my day again Maru thanks very much for your kind words

Looking good Richard.  It was great seeing you today, thanks again the AK washes, that was very kind.

I'll try to get over to your place in the upcoming weeks to have a look at the Triffy as well

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron,

It was good to see you yesterday as well, really like all your models you have done.

Hope you can use the AK washes not tried them yet but will do on the Tiffy engine

Thanks again everyone,

Regards

Richard

• 1 month later...

Todays update, went a bought the EDUARD 20 mm cannon Typhoon gun set and wing armament set, also the flap set. all are very nice.

Start with the ammunition boxes I added .016" round brass instead of using the part from the set.

IMG_6719_zpsglkkcslo.jpg[/url]

IMG_6722_zpspu9pbjv3.jpg[/url]

Next up the flaps

IMG_6724_zpsl1simhio.jpg[/url]

IMG_6725_zpsrgmitpvw.jpg[/url]

What I have done to the gun set is used the barrels from Master becuse I will be showing them with the top part of the gun cover removed, the guns which come with the set are made to go into the gun cover and are too small.

Here is what you get in the set

IMG_6726_zpsqzsbbjua.jpg[/url]

IMG_6727_zpsgvwtf0eh.jpg[/url]

I machined a small piece of round brass,  then machined a flat on it so that it will go into the resin part, also had to drilled a hole in the resin so that the Master part would go in all the way.

IMG_6729_zpscw5jidr4.jpg[/url]

IMG_6728_zpsayzikwlu.jpg[/url]

This is how it looks with the Master barrel

IMG_6731_zpsr0defol4.jpg[/url]

Had to extend the slot in the bottom of the resin part all the way to the end otherwise it won't line up to the ammunition box.

IMG_6730_zpsj2lvsg5y.jpg[/url]

More soon,

Regards

Richard

I used some very thin paper which I bought to make folded up sails for my Bluenose ship, it looked like leather so I painted it learther brown and installed it under the frame work inside the gun bays. Also made the gun warming ducting by using .035 wire wrapping it around a .8mm tube the slipping over some black shrink tube, put some heat to it and then stretched it at the same time, after a few attemps it came out just what I wanted.

Have painted all these pieces so here is what it looks like installed, have not glue anything yet in place yet, also more to add.

IMG_6740_zpsgxrjpns4.jpg[/url]

IMG_6739_zpsfrg6kzej.jpg[/url]

IMG_6744_zpsnjxysul0.jpg[/url]

Have done a some small parts to the engine,

IMG_6735_zpso53lfcpb.jpg[/url]

IMG_6737_zpsdwuryipf.jpg[/url]

IMG_6738_zpscgzazha0.jpg[/url]

IMG_6741_zpsv0m5vybu.jpg[/url]

Thats it for now,

Regards

Richard