A-1H Skyraider "Miss Eileen" Update 9/21 FINISHED =-)

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Nice work on the figure and he sure will be looking the part as the Sandy comes together.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Tim!   :)  I think having a pilot in will really show of exactly how large the Skyraider really is and hopefully make the thing look more realistic in the end.

More pictures soon I hope,

Paul 

Paul

Nice work on the figure and he sure will be looking the part as the Sandy comes together.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank you Peter! :)  Like I said, I don't normally put aircrew in my models, but this one just called out for it. I have to finish the modifications to the seat then get his seat belt/parachute straps connected, then install the tub with him in it. Im still looking for a shirtless figure or a guy in a T-shirt to use as his crew chief for later on in the project.

Cant wait to watch you build the F-9F Twogar! 

Paul

Paul,

A sensational build so far! And a big one, too!

Cheers, Tom

Thank you Tom, I have always loved the SANDY and I had a 1/48 Tamiya kit years ago I built with all kinds of AM. This one will be icing on the cake and easier to see all the details on for sure! :)

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul 

Paul 

Gee! I think I know that GUY!

watch'in you :wicked:  :wicked:

jack

Thanks Jack!  Hes the Guy who's going to fly the Skyraider in at 50 feet and drop napalm and cluster munitions on your SAM site.  :)

Paul 

Very nice Paul. I really thought about doing the USAF bird, but in the end, the Navy kept calling, and besides, all them SAM boys need a toilet to clunk them on their heads from way on high...

This is gonna be one sweet bird!

Ernie,

I'll hit them low while clearing the way for the Helo's to rescue and you drop the commode on thier heads for the Coup De Gras!  :)

Paul

Great start Paul !! I think your right about the pilot adding scale. Your doing just fine !!...........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv!  He also saved me 30 bucks I didn't have for a resin cockpit or PE. You wont be able to see much of the pit with him in there, but I painted it all up anyways, and honestly with some dry brushing and careful detail painting, the factory pit is not that bad! The seat is the only major part besides the pilot himself that I had to modify and even that wasn't that hard to do. :)  All the best to your F-4 build my friend!

Paul 

My, someones been busy last night ! Get ANY sleep ? Looks really good my friend.  Can't wait for the next update.....Harv :popcorn: