Trumpeter A-4F VA 212 1969-72 6/5/ Update.. Decals!

I cleaned up and primed the intake section, this will get gloss white and have the forward fan section of the engine showing in the middle.

DSC09974_zpsfbaec8b2.jpg

Nice work Paul (you work fast). My immediate first impression of your A-4 intake is that it looks very like an Harrier intake!

keep on truckin' Paul :punk:

Derek

Thanks Derek!  I'm not really working that fast actually I started on the night of the first, and it really helps that trumpeter brought their "A team" with this kit both in design and detail. The Pit didn't have to be aftermarket, I just wanted  to really go to town in there.

It is a nice little  kit   :) I'm having a lot of fun with it. Fit is great everyplace and only minor corrections have had to be made to make it really accurate It could be built from the box and still look every bit the Skyhawk, the tail just bugged me so I fixed it. And the need to add detail to the landing gear and bays  is just me being detailed about it. Definitely a great warm up to the SWS Skyraider.  :) 

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Well, we weren't really busy with work yesterday, so I spent all day and most of the evening building. I started adding detail to the nose wheel well, not to much as I'll almost never turn the jet upside down to admire the belly, but enough to add interest. I'll be doing the same with the main wheel bays later today as well, and working on the wings.

DSC09977_zps39658f6c.jpg

I got the main fuselage components installed and have the fuselage halves joined. a little Mr Surfacer and some light sanding and I'm good to go!

The wing assembly is just dry fit and taped right now, I'll be taking it all apart to add detailing and fix the step in the slats that shouldn't be there.

DSC09978_zps0c19fd8a.jpg

More pictures soon when I have more to show! 

Paul

Gotta love a scooter......

It's fine kit indeed fumbled it many time itching to start it just trying to decide which markings I should adorn her with...

Cheers

Fred

Gotta love a scooter......

It's fine kit indeed fumbled it many time itching to start it just trying to decide which markings I should adorn her with...

Cheers

Fred

Fred,

They come in all flavors, just pick one that makes you happy and build that suckah!  :punk: 

Thanks for looking in,

Paul 

Great work on the scooter Paul. Your banging this thing out!! I've got that kit but want to marry it to my Has. TA! Can't wait to see ya scooter in paint.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I don't know if I'm really banging it out so much as it really just falls together with very few flaws. Right now Im adding all the dertails to the fuselage before I get on with the wings and main landing gear areas.  I have everything all smoothed out now on the fuselage and it really looks sharp.

Paul 

Hey Paul

The BANTAM BOMBER  look'in NIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCE!!!!

Getting some unexpected business, So I'm checking in on afew

I'm still working the details on the cockpit,seats,Frt I.P.

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

Hey Paul

The BANTAM BOMBER  look'in NIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCE!!!!

Getting some unexpected business, So I'm checking in on afew

I'm still working the details on the cockpit,seats,Frt I.P.

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

Jack,

I hope you can get back to building again soon.  :) Thanks for checking in on my build and I will post some pictures again soon. I have a long day tomorrow so there will be no progress till day after.

Talk soon,

Paul 

Nice work so far and going fast.

Keep going.

Mark

Thank you Mark, I worked on it all day today too!  I fixed the slat area by cutting it out and raising  it up the level of the top wing surface, then filled with Mr Surfacer. It looks cool now!  I also added all the ECM / RHAW Antenna's , scoops and pitot tubes  I still have LOTS to do, but he bulk of the build is done, now I can concentrate on the details.

I'm looking forward to more MIG progress from you too!

All the best my friend,  :) 

Paul