Trumpeter A-4F VA 212 1969-72 6/5/ Update.. Decals!

Well here we are. Just a while ago this GB was nothing more then an idea.. a dream.

My first project will be Trumpeter's A-4F.

I bought the following additions for it and plan to use them all.

Aires Resin cockpit set

AMS Resin Corrected Air Intakes

Eduard Slats and Vortex generator parts

CAM Decals for VA 212

I will most likely do my own landing gear bay details when I wire and plumb the landing gear on the scooter.

I will also use Harold's New MK 82 snake eye bombs and Paul Fisher's Zuni Rockets.

Here is the prerequisite first day shot, taken early this morning before I went to bed.5/1/2014

DSC09938_zpsd8e4ea92.jpg

I am looking forward to watching all the great builds, and thank you all for joining in!

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

First of all, thank you for being instrumental in getting this GB up and running.

Nice scooter choice Paul - I have always liked the TA-4 two seat variants and I have an A-4E somewher, so I may make one eventually. Nice choice of AM as well - this should be a stunner.

Cheers

Derek

Good Morning Sleepy Head

See what happens when you stay-up late,  sorry to bail on you last night but I was up early and my eye's couldn't focus

And even you said to keep the glue away from me ! :whistle:

Scooter's, Truder's, and Toom's....Oh My!

watchin you :wicked:

jack

Go Scooter!

K2 She's Goin'!  :) I spent all day and most of last night painting the Aires cockpit set, This is the very first Aires resin that I have used in all the years I've been doing this that is LITERALLY a drop in fit. I had one small pour stub under the tub at the back wall that had to be removed and that is it, everything else drops into place. I have a few things like seat belts and a few side wall details to brush paint in a while and it's done.

The down side to using this set is that you cant see much inside the tiny cockpit! ( not Aires fault at all ) Oh well. I know it's in there and will take pics later today when I get it finished up.

All the best,

Paul

OK, Here are just TWO pictures I was able to shoot before the camera battery died  :fight:  It's charging but I am in need of at least a nap with how busy we have been at work the last 2 days.  As I already stated, the Aires resin set fits like a glove, no sanding at all!  All I had to do was make a couple of shallow relief cuts in the forward fuselage combing area to allow for a slightly wider main Instrument panel, it will be hidden by the "Dashboard and HUD. I haven't added the white backing to the instruments yet, this is all just test fit, but I like it!  I hope what you can see of it looks good to you too! I'll take more pics when the battery is  re-charged and I've recharged a bit too!  :) 

DSC09953_zpsa779e3b8.jpg

DSC09952_zps936c83f8.jpg

Pau

Looking really good Sister !........Harv :popcorn:

Thanks Harv, When the battery charges more I'll take it all apart and shoot some pics. Right now I'm going to go lay down. We have been working a lot in the last 28 hours, it all came at once, as usual!  :frantic:  :mental:  

Paul aka Sister Mary Elephant

Edited by av8shunmodels

Paul,

Absolutely sweet cockpit! Looks like I could crawl in, lower the canopy, and take off! Nice job on the striped ejection seat handle.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm going to re do the face curtain handle or just weather the hell out of it. 

Paul