RFI...WNW Sopwith Snipe, T8069, TCR Baker (12 Victories)

1to1scale

This was an 80 day journey from cracking the box to posting here. I learned a lot about building WWI era planes, most of it the hard way, and I learned to plan ahead a lot. 

This kit is 100% OOB, with the exception of EZ-Line, I did not use any AM. 

Here we go.

sz4jAa3.jpg

bJLcfS5.jpg

9aOErlr.jpg

k0wj51T.jpg

40MAe3r.jpg

7KsqiTU.jpg

SIHPope.jpg

AgErZKI.jpg

xpnfeMg.jpg

nxEXsAU.jpg

I love it Mark! If this was your first Wingnut kit I believe we have another soon to be master Wingnutter here at LSP. I really like your props wood and the color of the attachment plate. What color is that? You shiuld also send pictured to Wingnut for their customer models section.

Agreed, stunning build and definitely worthy of the WNW gallery!

I love it Mark! If this was your first Wingnut kit I believe we have another soon to be master Wingnutter here at LSP. I really like your props wood and the color of the attachment plate. What color is that? You shiuld also send pictured to Wingnut for their customer models section.

You are like a drug pusher, you took my Spitfire away and made me take this kit. You got me hooked! Now I have a stack of WnW kits, and its growing, i get the shakes when an out of production kit comes up for sale. LOL...See what you did to me! 

Edit: I think I painted the prop hub Pale Burnt Metal by Vallejo Metal Air, same as the Vickers guns.

Edited by 1to1scale

Love the prop wood. I generally prefer the look of PC10 but you have really nailed the PC12 and the shading under the wings is excellent.

It goes to show that you don't need a load of after market to make a stunning model.

Great Snipe!

Well done :rolleyes:

vB

Thanky you Bob...I tried to use the .5x2mm tubes I bought from you, but I could not get them over the large EZ-Line, it just would not thread through. I wish you made them slightly larger. I felt the smaller EZ-Line just didn't look right to me. I might try to use fishing line for the next model.