Tigger (ID Models) Ki-45 Nick Vac - DONE !!!!!

Thomas Lund

Ok I admit it... I've actually had a lot of fun doing these gear legs. Yes... I wish they were neater, more true, straight etc etc, but I'm fairly satisfied, especially being the first in this genre

lG3PWmc.jpg''

gh19U5a.jpg

hli5T9a.jpg

d29Rmr5.jpg

I am rapidly running out of excuses for not finishing the sanding...

Ok, tail feathers are on and the very much NOT tamiya fit is jammed full of styrene and soaked in CA. Still a lot of sanding to do - it seems that every time I think I'm done, I find something new to fix...

m14E7EV.jpg

I've started doing the flaps, flap wells, rudder, aileron and elevators. I need to go get some more Evergreen tomorrow to do the flaps as I want them.

But It's actually getting closer... I never thought I'd see the day

I've gotten in a couple of good modeling evenings lately - very nice :-)

First up is the control surfaces, here the elevator. Styrene core with tamiya tape ribs, sealed with tamiya white primer

IJW2Ibh.jpg

Then the flap wells - the ribs. Drawn in CAD, printed and mounted on styrene and then cut out

L9cC9zB.jpg

And mounted in the well. The well looks a bit shabby because i had to scrape off some primer to get the plastic to glue properly

pZm2K73.jpg

And finally with the flap mounted

hnVdtXf.jpg

Wasn't really happy with the elevators I did,  so I re-did them. Also I found a forgotten source that told me the rib detail I had made was wrong... Also worked on the rudder that only needs final clean-up

uDyiUhJ.jpg

But I've had some problems with the ailerons since they are a very much more complex construction since the wing changes thickness across the length. I've started two pairs and discarded them and now I've started the third pair - lets see where that ends up

j5kldjL.jpg

I added some hinges to the aileron area and it required some serious sanding. Not often I have to go to the shed to get this kind of tool

B1x4hR3.jpg