Work has been really slow for the last few months, so I had to do something to keep my sanity..Full size BF-109G instrument panel, why not... while working on it I suddenly realized how big the Revi gunsight was and thought hmmm..make it work ? It's amazing what you can do with a really good color copier(instrument faces)  built every thing from scratch with the exception of the screws and nuts...started the wind screen but work picked up again....008_zpsmymyi5ou.jpg009_zps524p3b5r.jpg010_zps1mcohtep.jpg015_zpsw9wwwj82.jpg012_zpsooymtldc.jpg

thats excellent, can you share the materials used?

The panels are 1/2" or 12MM PVC foam board(AKA, Sintra,Komatex,Celtec)it is very easy material to use can be cut on a band saw, table saw, jig saw, routed you can drive screws into it and does'nt split. The instruments are routed 1/4" styrene backs with vacuum formed bezels and 1/16" acrylic lenses. The instrument faces are color copied images propotioned to the appropriate size and inicator needles are made from .030 styrene and some music wire for some of the pointers. The srews and nuts are real hardware, I bought brass screws  for mounting the instruments and blackened them. The paint is all spray cans mostly Valspar, they make a nice grey called "Blindfold" that looks pretty close to interior grey.

Really impressive work there. At first, I thought this was the Eduard IP they included in a couple kits.

Do you plan on making others to go with it?

Carl

For now it's just a one of a kind, I started to make the wind screen and also part of the fuselage to mount the panel into but work started to get busy and I had to set it aside, that's the downfall of being a model maker for a living, when your busy all day making models for your job I tend to not want to keep doing it after work !!! :mental:

The panels are 1/2" or 12MM PVC foam board(AKA, Sintra,Komatex,Celtec)it is very easy material to use can be cut on a band saw, table saw, jig saw, routed you can drive screws into it and does'nt split. The instruments are routed 1/4" styrene backs with vacuum formed bezels and 1/16" acrylic lenses. The instrument faces are color copied images propotioned to the appropriate size and inicator needles are made from .030 styrene and some music wire for some of the pointers. The srews and nuts are real hardware, I bought brass screws  for mounting the instruments and blackened them. The paint is all spray cans mostly Valspar, they make a nice grey called "Blindfold" that looks pretty close to interior grey.

Well then, that's simple enough..

:)

That is amazing work Patrick - well done (if that's what you are capable of when you're bored, I can't even imagine what you do when you are busy!).

I appreciate exactly what work and effort goes into fabricating a full scale replica from scratch (in a former life, I was a professional model maker for the RAF Exhibition Production Flight (EPF) and one of my tasks - apart from making models for the RAF Museum and refurbishing CIO models - was to produce full scale cockpit facsimiles for full scale replica fibre glass aircraft and EPF Trailer Display Units (TDU's) ).

:thumbsup: :clap2:

Derek