House broken into today!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:18 AM

They crow barred our back door open and ruined the door.  Our alarm wasn't set because my wife just hired a cleaning lady to do some fall cleaning around the house and she was here today (very suspicious). Cops have the info.  They took most of my wife's jewelry, some of her purses, all my watches (well over $8000 worth), my lap top, our camera but worse the spare garage keys and all the key fobs for my Vette and my 57 Chev!  I can't move either to a safe place now until I get them re-keyed. 

The lock smith is here now re-keying the place but if they get into the garage tonight or in the next day or two they have two easy pics for toys.

What a bugger

• 109, spacewolf, JohnB and 2 others like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#2 blackbetty

blackbetty

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

Happened to my wife and me a couple of yeras ago, we were home and slept. its not easy to get over someone intruding onto your home, i heard every sound for a long time and continously woke up. had the glock under my pillow for months..

as for the cars: remove the batteries and store them somewhere.

good luck

Edited by blackbetty, 21 September 2017 - 05:25 AM.

• Daniel Leduc, LSP_Ron, scvrobeson and 3 others like this

back after 20 years

DUE TO A HOSTING PROBLEM A LOT OF PICS OF MY BUILDTHREADS ARE GONE. ANYONE INTERESTED CAN REQUEST THESE VIA PM FROM ME

#3 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,717 posts

Man, that is horrible, Ron! I hope insurance will cover your losses, but nothing can compensate for the sense of violation, and the damage done to your sense of well being.

Kev

• spacewolf, LSP_Ron, LSP_Typhoonattack and 3 others like this

#4 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,717 posts

as for the cars: remove the batteries and store them somewhere.

Good advice!

Kev

• LSP_Ron and SapperSix like this

#5 1to1scale

1to1scale

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

Remove he batteries, and the distributor caps and or plugs wires, you can also put a large padlock through the frame of the garage door on both sides, it won't be able slide up.
  • LSP_Ron, scvrobeson, LSP_Typhoonattack and 2 others like this

#6 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:47 AM

I took the batteries out and locked them in my shed.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated. My head isn't running on 100 straight thinking right now figuring out what all needs to be addressed. Just sitting here at my wife's lap top waiting for the lock smith to finish up.

• Out2gtcha likes this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#7 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

Ron,

I commiserate with you!  That really stinks!

Gaz

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#8 DonH

DonH

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Ron, I am so sorry to hear about your break in.

I hope you get everything sorted soon and feel secure.

• SapperSix likes this

Done and Dusty

Tamiya Spitfire IXc

http://forum.largesc...wtopic=42491=

#9 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Ron,

Well that's just horrible... one feels violated in more than one way when some one burgled your place.

MY MOM'S home was burgled while I was on night duty and she was abroad at the time.

Terrible feeling run through your mind.

Now Ron I bet the cleaning lady has colluded because until she came on the scene all was well.

So I have been saying this for many years on here about SECURITY markings known as SMARTWATER .

It works in the UK with the residents Zip code/ post code and house number... so example; if your post code is say LN5 5XZ AND house number is 7 .. the SMARTWATER formulae would be made with YOUR UNIQUE zip code for that house..and the rest is history.
It is available in UK AND USA.Canada has something similar so check out the wiki link.

All you need is a tiny grain like dot to mark it .... you can use it on jewelry,laptops, computers, Boats (thinking of Our Dear Harvey as he has a boat), watches, necklaces, shoes, coats, Televisions, antique furniture, even your model aircrafts, cars, car engines; radios, car radios, motorcycles, helmets ... the LIST IS ENDLESS....

ALL THE COP NEEDS TO KNOW WHEN PROPERTY IS RECOVERED IS : it was "daubed " with SMARTWATER formulae, your zip code (if you are the owner they want to make sure it's yours. You can use it on your businesses.. if you want you can have /order a separate one with business zip code/address). And the Cop will have a ultra violet light to check for your zip.code that was daubed in grain like dot or painted on the stolen property now recovered.

That was your property is identifiable.

If you run a business then you can have SMARTWATER sprays ...

This is harmless and will NOT DAMAGE YOUR EXPENSIVE ITEMS such as watches...etc...

It remains in the perpetrators/offenders for a long time.... it is INVISIBLE etc..

Check out the links and Ron think about this.... I hope you are both fine and not hurt or injured as a result of this break in.

Take care.

And get this SMARTWATER or in CANADA THERE IS ANOTHER PRODUCT..you will have to see links to see its name..it's something called "selectaDNA" ..

GOID LUCK and hope those #*%€*&$#@ get caught and locked up.

Bye for now.

Links: the product IS easy to use. Watch the videos...those living in countryside would benefit too!

SmartWater® - The Crime Fighting Company
https://www.smartwater.com/INDUSTRIES - SmartWater®
https://www.smartwat...ries/SmartWater - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikiped...wiki/SmartWater

Edited by MARU5137, 21 September 2017 - 07:30 AM.

• Daniel Leduc, LSP_Typhoonattack, CANicoll and 2 others like this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#10 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

That really sucks Ron - sorry to hear your news...  :(

I always remove batteries over winter to help with security on my bikes and cars - until this year when someone stole the batteries!!!

You couldn't make it up...

Iain

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#11 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

Really crappy news Ron, sorry to hear that.

We were "burgled" couple of years ago. Deadlocks on all the doors, but they fished the car keys from the window sill opposite the front door - through the letter-box - using fishing tackle. 

Hope your insurance covers it. Sounds very, very dodgy with the cleaner, too much of a coincidence for me.

If they have your laptop, will you have to change your passwords?

#12 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

Damn Ron, that is just horrible, at least you and the family are ok, that is the main thing, goods can be replaced.

If you cannot clamp the cars, can you not do something not to obvious apart from removing the battery, such as also pull the plug leads off.

I do hope the catch the scroats and that they end up picking up a bar of soap in the prison showers and you get your possessions back..... I would replace my toothbrush as well..... you never know..

#13 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

My commiserations, I also had, on a smaller level, my licence plates stolen, what a pain to get another set....

#14 Bill_S

Bill_S

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

That sucks, Ron. It happened to me many years ago - the feeling of violation is the thing that sticks with you.

I started building my shelf of doom, but I never finished it.

#15 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 20,654 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Crap!  That seriously stinks!!   Sorry that happened Ron. Between house fires and getting burgled my family too has had way more than its share of crap go on. How well do you know the cleaning lady?

Does she work independent, or is she with a service?   I would think any maid with an official service would be reputable, but I would be a bit more suspicious if she wasnt connected to any place that had a good rep. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users