Dear, it's time for a linen change!

karimb

Stunningly beautiful work. Really quite unique.

I love how you've taken one of Trumpy's famous "B" team kits and turned it into something very special indeed.

Beyond my skills, that's for sure!

I like the weathered chipping on the wing roots - maybe a slight mismatch between that and the fairly pristine nature of the underside of the model? (I'm nit picking, it really is bloody superb).

Dean you're completely right i just scratched my head and thought of it. Lol now its nagging at me... oh well not much i can do.

Thank you so very much for the kind words and taking the time to leave a comment. I am glad you like how she turned out!

Hello Karim,

This is Maurice - I sold the SE5 and Albatross to you on eBay. I remember you saying that you would post the build and I finally decided to take a look. Your work is incredible! The woodwork is exquisite and I can't wait to see what you will do with the WingNut kits.

Looking forward to your build.

Best regards,

Maurice

Hey Maurice!

It's so good to have you here with us! Welcome to the forums at LSP you'll feel right at home here!

Thanks for the kind comments my friend. I've already got the albatros in the work in progress section and to be honest i am really having a blast. The wnw stash has exponentially grown (uncontrollably!) since we last corresponded!

Again welcome to the forums it's a pleasure to have you with us and thanks for leaving a word!

Karim! What a beautiful model!! Absolutely outstanding!!

Cheers

Alan

Alan how are you buddy? How's flying lately? I hope your roster has been a bit better than us 320 fleet guys here (also known as the working class between all the fleets lol!)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a word!

Stay safe and happy landings!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks very good indeed...just a technical note ...completely wrong orientation of the wood grain, the entire thing would fall apart in flight.

The ply on wing was laid diagonally to absorb the wing twist.

reb1-1.jpg

Jan

thanks man for posting the photo. its the same photo i looked at after reading the post on my mobile because it hadnt showed up... youre completely right my friend!

Next time i guess, or if i build a naked Sturmovik

thanks again

Karim

• 4 months later...