Hataka Paints......

Big Texan

All righty fellars! Just ordered a set of Hataka paints that is for the Luftwaffe Norm 81 scheme. I also purchased a bottle of their thinner. Now, any of my fine modeling friends use this stuff? I've been to YouTube and watched some videos that really make this stuff look promising. But, I would like to know your experiences with it if you have used it. Can you mix this stuff with other acrylics, use other thinners like Tamiya's? I really need the skinny on this goop. So please, I needs some enlightenment!!! As always, thanks in advance of your support!

:tumble:

Well, since none of ya answered, I assume none of ya have any experience wth this paint. Guess that makes me the guinea pig fer it. I'll let y'all know what I experience and report back. From what I have read, people have used Tamiya X-20 Thinner and Mr. Color Leveling Thinner. It is an acrylic paint. So, I bought their thinner, Tamiya thinner, and the Mr. Color Leveling Thinner. Will also try isopropyl alcohol as well. Will let you know.

Well, I have painted one model with it (Orange line). Orange line is a lacquer, so I thinned it with Mr. Leveling Thinner. It sprayed good, same as Mr. Color lacquers. I haven't compared them with MRP (as I just recently bought some MRPs).

I was not very happy with color match, but as a paint it was really nice. I have Dewoitine D-520 in my stash, and I plan to use their French color set.

Best Regards,

Krzysztof

Just spent the weekend fighting with their red line early luftwaffe set. I found IPA seemed to work better than their in house thinners. Also got endless tip clog when using my renegade Krome brush. Ended up reverting to my old Badger patriot which has a much larger nozzle. Also, when heavily thinned, like when trying to do mottles, I got spiderwebs and paint runs no matter how low I turned down the pressure. On the plus they seem to dry to a hard coat with a smooth satin sheen. 

Heres the end result of a weekend of work on a Heinkel. 

lQFyVY1l.jpg