Racing Veltro

Butler

Hi all

I've purposely waited for the last weekend of this group build to complete a superfast 2 day build Russ-style!

I only build RAF subjects but, like many of our British members, i have a stack of the 21st C kits from when they were sold off cheap here. I thought it might be quite fun to build a Veltro air racer with suitably lairy paintjob. I've seen a few of Russ's racers so i hope he would've approved :)

This will be stictly out of the box, so here's a quick photo of half an hours work. Build today, paint tomorroww ;)

DSCN1157.jpg

Cheers guys!

Vaughn I'm loving your Miles build, possibly the best thread on the site at the moment and definitely the closest model to the 'Russ ethos'

You don't have any spare Veltros do you? :innocent:

Kev

Certainly do - want one?

Last night i sprayed the whole thing with a layer of white enamel from a rattlecan. It still has a strange feeling to the touch today - dry but still slightly 'plastic' to the touch if that makes sense! Anyway, it takes masking without any problem so onwards...

DSCN1158.jpg

I've gone for some bright colours here! I used random selections from the kit's decal sheet. These really are the best decals i've ever used, they go on and the carrier film just disappears completely :o

The look i'm aiming for is a very well kept plane that has just completed a hard run, hence it will have heavy exhaust staining and some fairly decent oil leaks :)

DSCN1160.jpg

Wow, that looks spectacular mate! The racing green is just awesome, and your design really brings out the classic lines of this bird. Looks like you'll get it done well in time too!

Certainly do - want one?

Yep! I'll send you a PM to see what we can work out.

Kev

Thanks for the kind comments guys :)

I've stuck on various spares-box decals to jazz this up a little and added a huge exhaust stain! Very nearly finished and hopefully i can post some decently framed photos tomorrow!

DSCN1161.jpg