AMT Pabst Blue Ribbon White Freightliner

mustang1989

Yep, I checked, plain as plain inside. Here's the instructions for the sleeper, kit #85-2500, Monogram 1:16 Peterbilt 359, and the big Kenworth is the same empty box.

Ya see...................that's just wrong right there!!

Those first two sites are very handy indeed, but the second two links don't work for me.

Just google  Hanks truck pictures     and there is a mountain of stuff....     www.hankstruckpictures.com      or try Hank Suderman  

Ya see...................that's just wrong right there!!

Yep, it's rather silly at that. The truck is large enough so that when you look through the windshield, you can see right into the empty sleeper box.

need to build a bed, a lot lizard and the driver back there...

giggity

lol

A lot of work right there, my friend, a lot of work.

I've been looking at this and a few other boo boo's that this kit has. The front tires are supposedly a problem area as they stick out from the wheel well too much. I'm either going to have to cut the front axle some or not install the front brakes. The cab is sectioned into a front half and a back half................presenting a nasty seam. The list goes on but I've started trying to remedy the problem by turning to my spare kit. I'll be doing a dry run on a total assembly of this truck without any paint just to see how to mitigate the problems that show up along the way.

Additional kit acquired last Thursday:

6Uc9A4.jpg

Got the frame and suspension already assembled. The front axle is just lying on top of the leaf springs. I'll be working with this part to ensure the tires end up where they are supposed to. I'll look into that whole headlight ordeal when I get there. Dunno if I'll do anything with that or not yet.icon_hmm.GIFDepends on how nasty and in depth the surgery is going to be.

ryGxGo.jpg

• 1 month later...
Well...........among other little tidbits that I'll have about this tricky kit (along with some tricky instructions) is the fact that the cab rests will have to be installed at a later part of the build than what the instructions call for. At least that's what I'm finding. They interfere with the exhaust crossover pipe installation between the two exhaust stacks. They are called out in this photo:

6U4Wik.jpg

For the most part it's going fairly well. This kit has ALOT of seam filling, mold lines and ejector pin marks to contend with. I've marked most everything with a black sharpie so they'll stand out boldly for reference points during the actual build. I'm sooooooo glad I'm taking the time to do the build up because I'm finding some faults with the instruction sheet in terms of where stuff actually goes and I'm hitting the problematic areas with no fear of screwing anything I've painted/ detailed up.

Here's where I'm at right now. I may have to cut the crossover pipe in two in order to install it but that's ok. Again.......I'll know about this before hand with the actual build.

sAljOt.jpg