Only Three Short Weeks

Gazzas

a DR.I yes......but not in the colors of the Red Baron's plane. I rather see other more less known jasta's appear in the kit.

Agreed. That particular scheme is the WW1 equivalent of F-4J “Showtime 100â€. It's been done to death. That being said, I'm sure it will be included, to placate the masses.

On a related note, I wonder what the best way is to replicate that Fokker streaked camo? Decals or painting? I'm not a huge fan of WNW's large airframe decals.

Edited by John Irwin

Id LOVE it if there was a new announcement about a WnW Dr.1...................

However, I just dont see it in the cards. I could very easily be wrong on this; happily wrong, as Id buy a couple at least, but I don't think Sir Peter will be putting out a Dr.1 any time soon.    I can agree with the sentiment about statements made by WnW being moot at this point, so I wouldn't say WnW will never put out a DR.1, but if they do, I dont think it will be any time soon at all.   Just a hunch. 

Agreed. That particular scheme is the WW1 equivalent of F-4J “Showtime 100â€. It's been done to death. That being said, I'm sure it will be included, to placate the masses.

On a related note, I wonder what the best way is to replicate that Fokker streaked camo? Decals or painting? I'm not a huge fan of WNW's large airframe decals.

Streaking oils over acrylics seems to yeild good results, at least on par visually with the decals. Ive not had any issues with said decals, but I can understand the trepidation with such large decals. 

Guest Clunkmeister

Sopwith Strutter, Be.2, and any Albatros C bird would be icing on the cake for me.

I'd also love some of the more funky French stuff. Like the Caudrons, Voisins, etc.

But a Dr.1 and SPAD 7 would be a like 109 and Spitfire respectively: licenses to print money.

Especially in a Flying Circus trio boxing.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I have a question about German CDL.  On the above decals it looks like green and olive streaks over white.  Wasn't the German linen a bit on the yellowy side?

Gaz

btw...it's only 9am in NZ right now...  Still an hour to showtime.

I have a question about German CDL. On the above decals it looks like green and olive streaks over white. Wasn't the German linen a bit on the yellowy side?

Gaz

btw...it's only 9am in NZ right now... Still an hour to showtime.

I think the decals are translucent and go over a surface painted the appropriate base color (unbleached linen?) Just looked at those decals close up. They even include silver squiggles to replicate the burnished metal ammo boxes. Very cool!

Keep us posted on the show if you can!

Edited by John Irwin

I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth because it's not a Dr.I...still, it's good news for those who didn't get the Tripe or DH.2 the first time around.

Will be interesting to see exactly what comes in the Deluxe editions.

I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth because it's not a Dr.I...still, it's good news for those who didn't get the Tripe or DH.2 the first time around.

Not so much the Dr.I as I just got one from Roden.  But a Halberstadt D.II would have been very welcome.

My teeth are gnashing.

Wonder what the prices will be? I'd guess around the $150 area perhaps, maybe a little more?

Aviattic all the way...

While these are nice in some respects, I don't personally believe they're all that accurate, though they'll probably work well enough for those that choose to use them. I'll stick with painting my own.