Okay guys, deal me in. (Revell F4F-4)

wingman777

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than sand and scribe the surface detail I'm going to use the kit detail and tone it down a bit. I've applied several coats of Krylon "Fusion" glossy white spray paint straight from the can. Fusion is "specially formulated to adhere to plastic" and goes on uniformly, dries really smooth. The paint is thin so there isn't a build-up even with 4 coats. so far I've painted the wings and horizontal stabilizers.

post-345-1223817680.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, after a long dry spell I finally made some more progress on the Wildcat. The cockpit has been improved with the Eduard set and some scratch building. The engine is wired with lead solder and connected to the fuselage.

• 1 month later...

Guys, sorry about the images not showing up from last time. Since then my wife's digital camera had to be sent back to Canon for repairs. We have it back now and the Wildcat is near completion. Its assembled and painted, I was going to use the decals but they're ancient and probably won't work well. The project has turned out nicely to this point so I was going to order the Montex masks to paint the insignia on but they are out of stock. Its obvious I won't make the deadline for this group build but might be able to get it under the wire for the "incomplete group build" :blink: that finishes up next month. I'll try to get some fresh images to post either way.