Fire for effect 1945

JRutman

Thanks Matt and Kevin for the kind words and for taking the time to check in. I spent all morning fixing the damage caused from the cat attack. I took a suggestion someone offered from armorama and turned over the mess kit top and added spilled grub of some kind plus put some spilled water under the canteen cup to"add to the urgency". Also made the missing aiming stake.

002-50.jpg

001-109.jpg

Edited by JRutman

[...] turned over the mess kit top and added spilled grub of some kind plus put some spilled water under the canteen cup to"add to the urgency".

You're restless, Jerry.

It's pure joy to follow your build.

Definatly some masterfull diorama work here Jerry.

What I find difficult (but interesting) in making dioramas is that you must be "good" in every technical aspect such as assembly, painting, etc... for every single part of the dio from accessories to figures eventually including armor, aircraft, ground work, etc... but also you need a nice sens of creativity, imagination, presentation to be able to tell a "living" story from a static display.... etc... and this all requires a lot of competences that you obviously all master.

Wonderfull job my friend!

Thats really nice work. This reminds me of a scene you might see during the Russian summer, perhaps during the Kursk offensive in '43. Since this is a Lefh 18/40,which didn't get into service until early 43, it really couldn't be much earlier than summer of 43. LOTS of artillery used then by both sides, in very warm weather.

Cheers

Jason

Edited by eoyguy

Thats really nice work. This reminds me of a scene you might see during the Russian summer, perhaps during the Kursk offensive in '43. Since this is a Lefh 18/40,which didn't get into service until early 43, it really couldn't be much earlier than summer of 43. LOTS of artillery used then by both sides, in very warm weather.

Cheers

Jason

That is what I was aiming for. The Russian summer44 offensive"Bagration". Resulted in the "erasing" of Army Group Center and pushed the front back hundreds of Km. Thanks for the kind words and for looking in,

J

Very nice work. Reminds me of the days when I was an artillerist too. Of some kind.

This one is ready. So what do you want to make next?

Regards!

- dutik

Jerry, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes here,Bud....All interested in whats going on with this DIO, please read my thread in " in progress",on my P-38M build.There is an update to Jerry's DIO. If this is a bad idea, please remove.....Harv

just wow Jerry....this makes me want to do a diorama....and I dont have half your skills.

Thanks again for all of the support and kind words guys. I never got to post the finished deal so here it is after the repairs

003-27.jpg

004-17.jpg

Your diorama is full of expression and creativity Jerry - I really like it when you can look at any part of a diorama and each is a mini-diorama in it's own right...I could spend forever just pouring over all of those incredibly intricate and personally crated details.

Derek

(PS I know it's a little corny, but I like Jeron's idea of a Jerry can...It could become some form of trademark :D ).

Sweet, so many times you see dios with figures that are stiff and lifeless, here, you can see and feel the action, excitement and urgency of the moment, everyone, except the cool and calm aimer making sure he's on target. Fantastic job.

Sweet, so many times you see dios with figures that are stiff and lifeless, here, you can see and feel the action, excitement and urgency of the moment, everyone, except the cool and calm aimer making sure he's on target. Fantastic job.

Yup. 100% agree JR. I love the idea of a Jerry can... :lol:

Cheers Matty