AV-8B Harrier II questions

Hagar

Does anyone know of any 1/32 decals for an AV-8B Harrier II Plus, preferably Marine? Also does anyone know a typical weapons load? Finally if it was loaded with GBU-12s would it carry a sniper pod or flir and on which station. I cant seem to find any decals on ebay, Sprue Brothers, Aviation Megastore or anywhere else in 1/32. I know Zotz made some but they are sold out. Caracal made some but I cant find them anywhere. I thought Dave Roof made some but there is nothing listed on his site. I have the Trumpeter kit and am wondering if I am stuck with the kit decals.
Thanks in advance.

James

Sorry, can't help directly, but would recommend you visiting the Defence Visual Info Distribution Service

If you search through the LHD carrier deployments, (Wasp, Kearsarge, Boxer, Nassau, Bataan etc.) you'll find plenty of in action shots by service photographers. Marine Harriers are frequently deployed on the ships. You'll need to register to access the hi-res versions of the photos, but it's free and worthwhile.

Also search on Flickr.com for Phoenix/Mesa/Gateway or combinations thereof, as Marine Harriers coming from, or going to Fallon often stage through there and there are a few photographers in the area who post their shots which are usually taken in stunning light. They'll usually be in training rather than combat fit, but you may well find what you're looking for.

Edited by Chek