NEWS IN HpH !!!

Mirek O

Rog, do you think a more considered email to HpH setting out your dissatisfaction with specifics to certain kits would be a better route?

Hi Andy :)

I don't exactly know what you mean by "considered" ...

Normally I'd agree about sending an email ... but I'd assume they'd read this thread regularly?

Rog :)

Guest Vulcan32

I took the wing from my kit, made the rivets more visible with oil paint and finally found out that the problem is more on the inner wing. When I create a proper joint to the fuselage the outer wing rivet lines correspond on upper and lower wing half. Not so on the inner wing half. I found out that it´s more than a little extra work.

That means that I will not talk about quality in Kutna Hora, it will be more a serious discussion about a new master.

@ Rog: I know that I´m not the owner of HpH, I´m not afraid of a crossfire here, I can turn off my computer (btw: I´m thinking about leaving the forum). And finally: to leave comments for HpH here at the forum is like writing them to a wall in Australia.

I´m the one reading this forum regularly and telling Jiri about ideas or problems. But this will be the last time. As I mentioned, modelling is getting more and more a private fun for me.

Hi Rog,

Considered as in specific issues with specific kits. Also their english isn't great, so I doubt if it's going to be read, that's by no means meant as a slight, I think they use the thread more as a place to post updates.

Hi Rog,

Considered as in specific issues with specific kits. Also their english isn't great, so I doubt if it's going to be read, that's by no means meant as a slight, I think they use the thread more as a place to post updates.

Andy ...

That's ok ... I'm afraid an email might get even less of a response - or ignored completely ... so I won't bother just yet.

Thanks for the assist, though!

Rog :)

** Edit: Offensive material removed **

Edited by Artful69

Guest Peterpools

An email with specifics for the Tigercat might help in HpH correcting the major flaws, if they knew how many of us would then seriously consider purchasing the kit. For me, there are three issues that stand firmly in the way of a purchase:

The lower wing

The gear needs to be cast bronze or steel; ala G Facror

The machine gun tubes need to be corrected.

Of course there might be other issues that need correcting and will need Brian and Mark to point them out.

I've never had any reluctance in buying a kit regardless of cost if the value was there but so far, the Tigercat 'value for the buck' isn't there.

Peter

Guest Smitty44

True dat Peter! After their response to Brian I don't know how emailing them would do any good, and believe it or not listening to their customers just might benefit them. I WAS going to buy this kit and even put the money aside, but not now as it is. Could I fix it, sure I could but not for $300 plus. It's crazy because I just get this "pesky customers" vibe from them.

Edited by Smitty44

I am going to forge on with my beloved. This is a fact. However all parties here have brought up valid points including Heinz, Rog, Andy, Peter and John.  I also do not necessarily think the response I got on the wing is acceptable, but at this point there is not a whole lot I can do. 

If a new master is what it takes to correct just one singular wing panel, for the price they are charging for this kit, I dont think its too much to ask to cut that tiny bit into the HpH profits (comparatively) , considering every single $320 kit has this same error.

To me its not a small error that I could consider "easily overlooked by the manufacturer", its an egregious error that if the kit was built OOB would be 100% noticeable by anyone looking at the kit, even at a cursory glance,  considering the entire wing on top of the Starboard side matches nothing on the bottom, and this is very evident on the leading edge of the wing.

Im confident I will have a solution for the brass nose gear, and have already fixed the ill fitting canon tubes and nose weights, but my own personal copy of the MLG also have the wire sticking way outside not only the oleo area but the the bottom of the vertical axle too, that the wheel mounts on:

20171025_213624-XL.jpg

To me, the quality control here for a $300 plus kit is way off.  That is not to say that ALL is bad with the kit. As in my review there are a lot of good things about the kit that I love, but again, those are not necessarily off-set by the price, as its one of, if not the most expensive kit Ive ever worked on. 

Id love it if HpH stepped up and at the very least corrected the wing. This would go a long way to changing my current feelings about HpH, which in the past have always been favorable, but not since I got the latest reply from them unfortunately. 

I feel for you Brian. The issue with the gear leg is just really poor quality control! I think they rushed the kit onto the market and the QC went down the drain. I'd be requesting new gear from them. Really unacceptable. I really have reservations now about buying anything HpH.

Edited by Maxim

Guest Peterpools

Brian posted his fix of the nose gear - excellent engineering and surely somthing the purchaser shouldn't have to do.

I fall way short of Brian's skill to be able to accomplish this.

Peter

Not to be over dramatic, but I'd planned on getting several HPH kits.  Now with their response to your justified complaints about the kit, I'm not so sure.

Please don't let all the negative comments stop you....They are unique limited run resin kits,and some of the best out there.they are "not" nightmares to build.But they can at times tax your basic skills.Not for the inexperienced, and HpH do point this out.  

Many of us have faced bigger challenges and frustrations with main line injected kits,As far as the Tigercat is concerned... I 'm sure we will see some innovative solutions,perhaps even from HpH.. and some spectacular builds in the near future.

Keep it fun...Williamj.

Guest Peterpools

Bill

I'm hoping. The gear is the biggest issue for me and then the lower wings panel lines. I know there is no way I can do the work Brian did on the nose gear and have yet to see what will be panel with the panel lines. I just feel for a kit of over $300, the modeler shouldn't have to go through hoops.

Peter