2003 series Cylon Raider

spacewolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, been away for the forum for a few weeks, had a bad cold, working at a new job and a computer issue kept me away from doing the things I want to do :( ... but things are slowly stabilizing and I have a small update.

Still working on the base, it was putty time.. getting the obvious stuff first..

xxAtFgk.jpg

I have lucked in and made friends with Colin Omilusik of scalemodeltechnologies.com out here in Calgary. I had an idea for detail on the edges of the base but my attempts to do pentagon shapes fell dismally short... Colin came to the rescue with these printed ones for me !!

IbK9pk5.jpg

I played around with placement...

2z0ExCS.jpg

But came back to what I originally thought of..

p8RX7kY.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

Before the emblems though, the surface has to be smooth.. so rattle can primer.. and it looks sooooo good !! :yahoo:

h2pzO1g.jpg

Till you look close..... :(

uFBA32r.jpg

Fill, sand, prime, repeat... :frantic:

EFmHWEw.jpg

2Lm2Vqo.jpg

I actually liked the way it looked in that last shot... but what I'm shooting for isn't this..

Edited by spacewolf

Emblems going on and print marks being filled..

JPsJQNF.jpg

I added some torn plates to the forward edge of the neck to break up the almost straight line...

NWHu52b.jpg

touchups and more touchups... but it's getting close to paint !!

KzlNyYK.jpg

I just got these from Colin today... for the dome...8 cm dia on the outer edge of the red... several shades of yellow to play with, they are translucent and will show some of the plating color... can't wait to see how this looks !!

dvQXtWK.jpg

So that's it for this time. Thanks for looking in.

Vaughn

Edited by spacewolf

I have no issue with women taking male roles and some of the acting was top notch in my opinion.

Cheers

Vaughn

Who mentioned women?

Maybe this guy?

tumblr_nn30y7f5jg1qj6sk2o1_500.gif

I meant how she disappeared and came back from the dead.

Amazing build going on! Hard to believe it actually. :o

:goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

• 1 month later...

Exquisite!

So good to see you are back 'round the place.  

Glad to hear you are on the mend and smashing the base into shape.

Those markings are the dogs ….. :m0152:

Dan

Indeed they are... love having friends with great talent !

Vaughn

Who mentioned women?

Maybe this guy?

tumblr_nn30y7f5jg1qj6sk2o1_500.gif

I meant how she disappeared and came back from the dead.

Amazing build going on! Hard to believe it actually. :o

:goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:  :goodjob:

" Fire at will".... Why ?.. who did Riker fool around with THIS time !!?? ... :rofl:

Ya, that coming back from the dead thing.. and vanishing at the end... angels & demons stuff was kinda mind twisting... as Lee said " I HATE it when you do that !"

Edited by spacewolf

Hi all, sorry for being away... work, bad computer virus ( almost lost all my build pics !!) and life has just eaten up the time but I'm still at it. Taking a break from the base I decided to tackle the seam lines.... had no idea how difficult it was going to be for a couple of reasons.

nhgHf9R.jpg

The first lines were pretty simple as the pics I have show their placement clearly, however the plastic the kit is made from does not scribe well... it is fiberous..fabric like.. oddest thing I've run into. All the lines had to be dressed with a fine jewelers file.

2VxNYGA.jpg

I had to play with the lines a bit to get everything right but it was coming along good.. just slow going.... but then the lines started getting funky...

ULaHqzu.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

The lines started off off normal and straight, then got very odd moving to the front...

FpJvooj.jpg

...so I figured SOMETHING had to have gone on whilst he was doing this... so just for fun I message Eric and asked him what he was doing at the time... His answer was this pic...

ELIb34M.jpg

And a link to a Foster Brooks/ Dean Martin skit.... so I think some really good hooch was involved !! :whistle:

Of course, being I don't drink means I was sweating every line !... and once done one side I had to mirror image the other wing....

Unx8wcP.jpg

I tell ya it's enough to make one take up drinking !! :frantic:

Anyhoo.... that's it for this time. Hope you are all enjoying spring !

Vaughn